The Palm in Atlanta

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Shep

The Palm in Atlanta

Post by Shep »

We spent a night in Atlanta, The Palm had a summer special of a 5 pound lobster with sides of salads with onion rings and fresh cut potato chips for 2. the cost was $110 for two people. We had a nice white bugundy to go with it all, a very nice time. This place also has a pretty neat bar, which had people eating lobster and apps, I would do it all again.
Boo Boo

Re: The Palm in Atlanta

Post by Boo Boo »

Shep -

A few of us are headed there this weekend to catch a couple of Braves games. Where is this place? Sounds interesting.
Mors Ex Tenebris
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Boo Boo wrote:Shep -

A few of us are headed there this weekend to catch a couple of Braves games. Where is this place? Sounds interesting.
There are many Palms in various cities. My boss of old was hooked on The Palm in Dallas, which we visited on every business trip to that city. My viewpoint was that there were better restaurants for the prices that The Palm charges. Here's their information.

http://www.thepalm.com/index.cfm
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Duke

Post by Duke »

I have been to Palm locations in both FL and in DC. Both were excellent, but they seem to have a problem with side dishes. Not that the sides are bad (they're excellent), but they don't seem to know what a "side" portion is. I don't want a whole entire damn plate of a side item. I just want a "side" portion. Some taters are good (and I'll pay $5). Two pounds of taters ($12.95) are too much.
Fenway2

Post by Fenway2 »

Hadn't been to a Palm in a few years-the last one was in D.C. (perhaps the ultimate Palm). Holy cow it was expensive, but very good. I've never seen lobsters that big or expensive (I don't relate those 2 items necessarily). I seem to recall it ran somewhere on the order of $200 per person-but maybe we went overboard with the wine which we were inclined to do in those days (price not quantity. well, really both. never mind.).

Neat place to go at least once in your life.
Shep

Post by Shep »

Boo Boo wrote:Shep -

It was at the Westin Buckhead, the special I think is for July and August. The lobster special is meant to be shared 4 lbs $90-5 lbs 110- 6 lbs $120. No the place is not cheap, but the special is a pretty good deal if you like lobster. Two couples, two bottles of above average wine (my fault and my expense, don't you love grown children, they still expect you to pay) bill was around $350.