NFL Picks

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

Re: NFL Picks

Post by bam bam »

Despite the huge spreads, the card looks good this week:

KC on the money line.
Saints -3
Saints/giants over 47.5
AZ/Sea over 46.5
Falcons -3
Bengals -5.5
BTG

Post by BTG »

Good call on the two Saints plays bam. The dome was rocking today.
I think I am enjoying Saints games more than LSU these days.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

#7 throw away to do list. wrote:those are not real bettable lines. that is some forula from a tout rag called the gold sheet. most of those lines are off materially from where they would open in the real world.
Yeah baby! The gold sheet, along with the blue, green, black, red, yellow, and brown sheets tout the Saints now. I guess the "gold sheet" had the Saints as a 3 point fav against the mighty Giants?

Hell...even the PINK sheet will have the Saints favored in the remaining games now.

BAWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Go play with your "real bettable lines"!
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

This is NOT from the Gold Sheet. It is from MGM Vegas' Jay Rood, the Sports Book Director of the Mirage:

New Orleans is the favorite to win the Super Bowl. That statement doesn't sound right, but it clearly passes the eye test after six weeks.

''Unless something drastic happens like Brees gets hurt, I can't see the Saints not being the favorite from here on out,'' MGM Mirage sports book director Jay Rood said.

MGM Mirage posts the Saints at 5-2 odds, followed by Minnesota (3-1), New England (7-2), the Giants (4-1) and Indianapolis (6-1).

''I think the Vikings probably should be about 6-1 or 7-1, but the public is betting them left and right,'' Rood said.

Public opinion was more or less split on the Giants-Saints matchup, but the decision on the field was unanimous. New York's defense ranked No. 1 on paper, and Brees promptly shredded it by passing for 369 yards and hitting Jeremy Shockey, Robert Meachem, Lance Moore and Marques Colston for touchdowns.

Link:
http://www.lvrj.com/sports/saints-favor ... 20427.html

Read um and weep...

I am not on the SB bandwagon. We are a sore toe or sore thumb on Brees' throwing hand away from a .500 season. But the facts is facts. Saints are favored in all of the remaining games...as it now stands. Subject to change at any moment.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

who dat!?

who dat!?
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

4 plays for now:

Indy -14 over St. Louis (Large)
Minny +6 over Pitt--really good matchup here as Minny has been terrific on 3rd down conversions this year and Pitt's defense has been horrible on 3rd down.
SF +3 over Hou Mike Singletary coming off a bye will be a play of mine for years to come. Can't believe I am getting points. I am probably playing the ML here as well.
Atlanta +4 over Dallas--small play here. Can't believe Atlanta is still a play for a value bettor after week 6.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Saints total is interesting. I could see the Saints hitting the 47.5 on their own. OTOH, Miami will be running the Wildcat and try to eat clock like they did against Indy. The only problem is the Saints don't need that much time to score. I probably lean the under here as the Saints offense is more balanced than most people give it credit for. I expect them to run the ball quite a bit in order to keep their defense off the field.

But then you have to wonder if Brees wants to rub Miami's nose in it, for telling him thanks but no thanks three years ago.

Strong lean to the under but I haven't put any cash on it yet.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I took the Saints under 47.5. The forecast calls for late afternoon thunderstorms.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

I have the Vikings, and over, Saints, and under on my card. Wish me luck! ;)
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

In the league where they play for pay:

Buffalo +3 (105)
Cle-Chi over 40.5
Indy/SF under 45
AZ/Car over 41.5

Watching a couple of line moves, if I can get Balt at -3, I am on it. Also cannot believe the Rams are taking as much action as they are, if it gets to -3 and I know Stafford is playing (damn you Jim Schwartz), I'll be on Detroit.