Restaurant Cypress

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Yvette

Restaurant Cypress

Post by Yvette »

Went to Restaurant Cypress Friday night on a whim. We have not been in a long time, because they stopped taking reservations after Katrina The wait could last up to one hour at times. Bar area is too small to wait, so that said, we just stopped going.

I was so pleasently surprised when
a) we walked in and asked how long the wait...oh none, right this way.
b) the place was not crowded to the gills as it usually is (thank goodness for the Saints game)
c) they now take reservations!!!!! I am so very excited about this, because the food is really good, just too many other places that I can make a reservation for. I prefer my cocktails (okay my wine) seated at my table while I peruse the menu, not at the bar.

Started off with the special appetizers. Flash fried oysters over wilted spinach and melted brie. How good is that????

Next came the house salads which are always included in their entree's. Homemade bacon garlic buttermilk dressing. Wonderful.

My entree was the slow roasted duck pan seared breast and leg confit. Comes with andouille cornbread dressing and green beans. The sauce was a huckleberry glaze. Even though it was good, there was too much of it, I had to scrape some to the side. No biggie. Husband had the Rosemary Chicken with mushrooms tossed over linguine pasta. I have had this dish before, it is so very good.

Matter of fact, I have had everything on the menu in the past. The food is always consistant, the wait staff very friendly.

Side note: The wine list is not too extensive, we ordered some by the glass, then opened up Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino, 2000, from our cellar.
Blackberry, currant, spicy, big and rich full bodied wine. Went perfectly with my duck. On same side note, we bring our own wine glasses when we know the restaurant does not have the larger proper glasses. Not meant as an insult, but on big wines as this, you need proper glasses.

The reservation policy is really exciting news, as it adds another place when we want a spur of the moment in the neighborhood, I can call for a reservation. They have a spot they have one, if not, I'll wait till another day.

Forgot to add the link

http://www.restaurantcypress.com/Default.aspx

Yvette