West Indies Cafe - A real suprise!

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
JonSmith

West Indies Cafe - A real suprise!

Post by JonSmith »

A buddy called yesterday for lunch and we were headed uptown to have a burger at that new place on Magazine/Napoleon only to find out they were "closed for several weeks." Oh well, s o he recommends we go to West Indies Cafe on St. Charles.

What a fantastic place this was. Tiny dining room, seats 30 fully loaded, but the seafood dishes looked great, though we both had pork and skirt steak. Inspired Caribean (sp?) side dishes, great service. Had the Rare Tuna and Sesame Guacamole tapas plate. It was a touch pricey for lunch ($55 for two entrees, app, tea and tip) but I'll definitely be going back for dinner.

Its in a weird location next to The St. Charles Athletic Club, but its worth seeking out.

West Indies Cafe
1600 Saint Charles Av.
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 571-2015
jshushan

Re: West Indies Cafe - A real suprise!

Post by jshushan »

Thanks. I've been wondering about that place. I see it when I go to Slice for Pizza. I'll have to give it a try.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I noticed it not too long ago and also thought weird near the Athletic Club. I've only heard one other report and it was also good. I'll have to give it a shot.
Thanks Jon. See you in about 30 minutes :)
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

are these the Baru Kenner folks?
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
mojo

Post by mojo »

edible complex wrote:are these the Baru Kenner folks?
Yes.