Iris

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Yvette

Iris

Post by Yvette »

Finally made it to Iris in the new location Saturday night. Had the Veal Cheek Ravioli that was recommended by someone on this board. It was very good, but very rich. They were two very large pieces. It came with wild mushroom, veal jus, parmesan and heavy cream. I shared the second one with our table mates....so I could have some of their Foie Gras Ballotine. OMG, that was so good. Chilled pate with truffle vinaigrette and brioche toasts.

My friend had the duck confit salad with baby greens, sugar snap peas, pea shoots and sherry vinaigrette. That also was outstanding.

For entree we had the Alaskan King Salmon which is very different tasting than the normal salmon you get in restaurants. Not has harsh, in my opinion.

I also had the heirloom tomato salad. It came with four different heirlooms, all very tasty and plump.

Will definitly go back to try the lamb.

My only complaint was our table was at the door, everytime someone came it the intense heat this weekend came in with them. That is why I didn't get the lamb. It was freaking hot Saturday night.

This place is a winner for sure. Great addition to French Quarter dining.
Yvette