Chief Meteorologist Emeritus

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
Low-N-Slow

Chief Meteorologist Emeritus

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Yup, that's Dan Milham's new title, according to WDSU ads. Your new WDSU Chief Meteorologist: Margaret Orr. Didn't know Dan was that close to retirement.

Opinions on Meg's elevation? (or Dan's canonization?)
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
mojo

Re: Chief Meteorologist Emeritus

Post by mojo »

Dan Milham took an early retirement that was offered by Hearst-Argyle Television, Inc.

Margaret Orr has been working at WDSU almost as long as Milham, but she has 3 children in college and decided not to take the early retirement.

I think both of them do an OK job.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Dan had such a wonderful command of the English language. It was a pleasure listening to his broadcasts. I'm not crazy about Meg. Wish they'd get rid of that idiot Smilie.... he makes me sick.
bdavid

Post by bdavid »

I'm not impressed by either one of them. Mr. Milham is a soporific, and Ms. Orr sounds like fingernails on a blackboard. I like Dawn Brown, though, and Carl Arredondo.
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

I like all of them.
Congrats to Milham & Orr.

She reminds me of a neighborhood mother, kinda like that babe in the Glade commercials. She's gonna take the wheel cause she has kids in school.
Gotta admire that. And she's likable.
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds
Alex

Post by Alex »

bdavid wrote:I'm not impressed by either one of them. Mr. Milham is a soporific, and Ms. Orr sounds like fingernails on a blackboard. I like Dawn Brown, though, and Carl Arredondo.
I like Dawn Brown as well.
Sine qua non