Tubing

Stuff To Do Around Town & Out In Da Parish. Where Ya Been? Whatcha Did?
kcdixiecat

Re: Tubing

Post by kcdixiecat »

When you said tubing ..my first thoughts were of being pulled by a boat. I've done it both ways...great fun! I've drank plenty of beer floating down the river like this...sigh...good times
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I have a friend who lives in the Isabell area and he has told me about the cops in the area. He said that the sheriff's deputies not only are looking to give DWI's, but have hassled and searched the cars of many young people on their way to go tubing.

As I have written before, St. Tammany is a police state.
globe9

Post by globe9 »

We've always done Wayne's World tubing. They do have a website. I think it was $10.00 per person, which included bus ride to drop off spot and tube. An extra tube for ice chest was like $2.00 or something. You can choose either the 4 hour float or a 2 hour float. We always do the 4 hour. There are lots of sandbars for hanging out, getting some sun, eating lunch, smoking, etc. Sometimes see parish(not sure what parish we're in there) officers in boats patrolling the river(they don't hassle ya, but don't be smoking pot or doing anything illegal). Yes, some white trash there, but not much. Mainly seems like groups of college kids, large groups of 20 or 30-something friends. Don't even see that many children really.

Always have a great time!
praline

Post by praline »

I had many a great time tubing BUT...

the last time I went the water was so low we had to walk the tubes much of the way. The 2 hour trip turned in many more hours. Got the mother of all sunburns and required a prescription burn cream the next day. And to top it off, when we got out at the end some white trash was having a knife fight and actually cut each other up. An absolutely miserable time.

Granted, that was like 20 years ago. We stopped going when the fecal count of the water was reported as too high...
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

praline, I don't know what the fecal count is these days. In the 80's, dairy farming had polluted many rivers in Washington and Tangipahoa parishes. However,, changes in the way waste is treated at the dairy farms has improved the status of the surrounding waterways.