Tubing

Stuff To Do Around Town & Out In Da Parish. Where Ya Been? Whatcha Did?
scedotal

Tubing

Post by scedotal »

Anyone know a good place to go tubing that is close to New Orleans? I have not been tubing in over 20 years, but I would like to take my kids. I need to find a place. The closest place I can find appears to be near Baton Rouge.
Turbodog

Re: Tubing

Post by Turbodog »

There are several places in Tangipahoa and Washington parishes, although I do not have any phone #'s or any other info.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I was talking to some people today at a kid b-day party that has been using Waynes World Tubing and they like it alot. My first question was about how much white trash was there and they said it was not bad.
All they could tell me was to google Waynes World Tubing and the website would give you all the info you needed. I think it was northern St. Tammany.

In Denham Springs there is a place called Tiki Tubing that I know of.

I have only been tubing one way and I did that for twelve summers in a row starting in college. My friends family had a camp up in Robert and they had a big shed filled with tubes. Three or four times a summer while in college we would get a group of 10 to 15 or so people and go up there. All of us had to carry our tubes through the woods to the river and we would then float down, somehow making what should have been a one hour trip last three or four hours. There would be some trucks parked at the end to take us back to the camp where someone would have a bunch of food cooked for us.

We finally decided we were getting too old and quite doing if a few years ago.
JRO

Post by JRO »

My kids go to Bogue Chitto river in Covington.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Bogue Chitta in Isabell.....

Great fun...

Haven't done it for several years, but wonderful.

Family's name is "Mizelle".

Rent a tube for yourself, along with a tube for your cooler..... they'll drop you off at the end of the road, and you can float back to your car at your leisure....

Have OFTEN seen St. Tammany cops there, scoping out tubers.... be very, very careful.

Heck.... if you guys want to put something together, count me in! Love tubing!:)
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Isabel Swamp! Migawd, Nanette, we had a home near there for years! It was alongside one of the old gravel pits. We shopped for groceries at the Sun Superette! Great memories. :)
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

I have no connection to tiki tubing, it's the only one I have heard of,

http://tikitubing.com/

In fact, I have never been tubing. Just curious, how deep in general is the water? And are there any "things" snakes etc in the water?
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Suzy Wong wrote:I have no connection to tiki tubing, it's the only one I have heard of,

http://tikitubing.com/

In fact, I have never been tubing. Just curious, how deep in general is the water? And are there any "things" snakes etc in the water?
I've been tubing in Isabel when the water is deep and FAST, and have been on it when you have to lift your arse from time to time.

It's great fun.

There's a big sand bank on every turn of the river. We always pull off, lay in the sun, smoke a ciggy, drink ANOTHER beer.... you can make a whole day of it.

BUT.... as I mentioned before..... cops are parked at the parking lot of the place on weekends. I can't tell you how many people I've seen hop into their cars and get nailed with a DUI.

Between the sun and beer, you really have to have a designated driver.

Man..... I wanna go tubing! :)
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Suzy....

NEVER seen a snake.....

Giant blue herons, egrets, etc..... never anything creepy!
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

Yeah, but when the water's shallow, be prepared for penetration by submerged roots.

Clench tightly.

The first time I encountered this, I almost started lisping.
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds