Sound of Music sing-a-long

Stuff To Do Around Town & Out In Da Parish. Where Ya Been? Whatcha Did?
LauraMc

Sound of Music sing-a-long

Post by LauraMc »

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/calend ... 1217048400
The D-Day Museum is having a sing a long tomorrow night. I wonder if I'd stick out like a sore thumb if I went to this alone. I sing to the Sound of Music when I'm in my car alone. There is a bar so I should get comfortable quickly.
justagirl

Re: Sound of Music sing-a-long

Post by justagirl »

Laura, did you go? My friend wanted me to go, but I didn't have time. She and her 12 year old daughter went and had a great time.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

A friend of mine went and amazingly (to me at least), they had a vastly greater turnout than expected and had to turn away a bunch of folks. But there will be another show for the rain checks and those who missed this one. My friend offered to buy me dinner if I went and wore my lederhosen. Fortunately I was out of town fishing this past weekend.

There was also a report over the weekend on the news that the actual von Trapp home near Salzburg has finally been opened to tours and you can stay overnight if you want. It's amazing how popular that film was.
Alex

Post by Alex »

My mother and stepfather went. My mother loved it, but my stepfather hated it - LOL.
Sine qua non
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

I didn't go. I woke up Saturday with a horrible earache and sore throat and then the rain made me feel even worse. I'll have to watch for when they have it again. I think it would be great fun. I have the DVD and I play the CD in my car at least once a week. I know.....I'm such a nerd.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

LauraMc wrote:I didn't go. I woke up Saturday with a horrible earache and sore throat and then the rain made me feel even worse. I'll have to watch for when they have it again. I think it would be great fun. I have the DVD and I play the CD in my car at least once a week. I know.....I'm such a nerd.
hey.....I also sing John Denver tunes from time to time........who cares LOL. I love the Sound of Music. My sister and I used to play act the movie when we were younger. On Sunday Morning they had a piece on the woman who dubbed (sang) the music for a lot of the actresses back in the day ( King and I was one) and no one was supposed to know etc, I forget her name, anyway her first screen performance was one of the nuns in the Sound of Music.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

cstoehr wrote:hey.....I also sing John Denver tunes from time to time........who cares LOL. I love the Sound of Music. My sister and I used to play act the movie when we were younger. On Sunday Morning they had a piece on the woman who dubbed (sang) the music for a lot of the actresses back in the day ( King and I was one) and no one was supposed to know etc, I forget her name, anyway her first screen performance was one of the nuns in the Sound of Music.
The singer was Marne Nixon.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Bingo! That was her name.
sueinwis

Post by sueinwis »

cstoehr wrote:hey.....I also sing John Denver tunes from time to time........who cares LOL. I love the Sound of Music. My sister and I used to play act the movie when we were younger. On Sunday Morning they had a piece on the woman who dubbed (sang) the music for a lot of the actresses back in the day ( King and I was one) and no one was supposed to know etc, I forget her name, anyway her first screen performance was one of the nuns in the Sound of Music.

I'm with you I love to sing along not only to John Denver tunes but Peter, Paul & Mary, Mamas & Pappas and a little Carole King and Carley Simon!!!
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Like minds!:)