Gretna Farmer's Market - Saturday!

Stuff To Do Around Town & Out In Da Parish. Where Ya Been? Whatcha Did?
Isabella Maja

Gretna Farmer's Market - Saturday!

Post by Isabella Maja »

GRETNA FARMER’S MARKET
Huey P. Long Avenue – between 3rd & 4th Streets
Gretna, LA 70053

EVERY SATURDAY – RAIN OR SHINE
UNDER THE COVERED MARKET
8:30AM UNTIL 12:30PM

SATURDAY, December 13, 2008

Saturday should be beautiful and sunny, if a little cold, but it’ll put you in the mood to Christmas shop at the ART WALK & FARMERS MARKET!

This Saturday we team up again to bring you the best shopping on the Westbank!

We’ll have:

Schexnayder’s Acadian Foods (fabulous smoked meats such as brisket, pork, chickens, etc - each market varies with what's cookin' each week)
Champagne Dreams
Paul’s Citrus
Amato’s Wine, Cheese & Sausage
Doyle - sharpening knives and scissors
Portera’s will have Mauthe’s Creole cream cheese
Voo-Dough bakery & Portera’s - breads, Italian cookies & artesian breads
DiSalvo’s - cracklins & pickled pig parts!
Nancy Gonzales - breakfast burritos, great salsa & chips
Joe with J & M Farm - fresh produce and Strawberries!
Durham Farms - Pecans
Hope - all natural candles.
Barry Barrilleaux - hot house tomatoes, cucumbers & their delicious pickles.
Capt’n Jack for lunch on the spot or something to take home and eat.
Janice - aroma therapy soaps and candles
Beans Coffee Company will keep us all warmed up with their great coffees and hot chocolate!
Come meet new vendor – Bourbon Street Blends, seasonings, coatings and bronzing mixes. Ron Taylor will be glad to introduce you to his special mixes.

You’ll have a chance to browse all the wonderful artist booths and finish or get started on that Christmas shopping!

Remember we have MARKET GIFT CERTIFICATES for those Gretna Farmers Market fans on your list.

It’s also a great way to introduce a new comer to the area to the wonders of Gretna!

There’s Always Something Good at the Market …
See You There!

More Info?

Marcia & Gary Madere
504-362-8661
JRO

Re: Gretna Farmer's Market - Saturday!

Post by JRO »

I go to the Gretna Farmer's Market pretty regular. Really enjoy it.

Isabella, do you run this market or something with all that info you must.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

LOL! No way! I have way too much work to be running the Market too!

No, I just get their weekly email. And that is exactly what I posted directly from the email (with a couple of added peanut gallery comments this time).
I hope you didn't think I typed all that info! (I did clean up the email tho & made it less wordy & easier to read!):eek:

I live within walking distance from the market & just want to support it!
Since we've gotten the Gretna Farmer's Market, I rarely go to the grocery store. I eat fresher food, it's fun, I walk there and it is so stress free!
I run into lots of friends there too and the vendors are lovely folks!

So, basically, I just want to tell y'all about a good thing that I love!

This week I got there a little late, but I walked away with Smoked Brisket & Smoked Pork roast from Schexnayder's, lots of broccoli, great sweet potatoes and a big bag of satsumas. I wanted to buy the beautiful cabbage to make cabbage rolls, but I just didn't have any more room in the fridge. I'll get some this week. Had a lovely conversation with the vegetable man's mama about our different methods of making cabbage rolls!

This was a light shopping week, I didn't plan on many meals at home this week and the friends I was with were antsy to go to breakfast at THANH THANH - ever been there? I ended up having a GRILLED CHICKEN BAHN MI instead of eggs & grits - but they're good too! Really good grits & wonderful biscuits.

I just had dinner - a nice salad with SMOKED PORK from the market with southwest salad dressing. It was great!

So tell me, what do you get at the Market, dawlin?
JRO

Post by JRO »

I'm not too happy now that I missed out on Wayne's brisket. I got that around Thanksgiving & LOVED it. I like the soups that Capt n Jack sells out there & everything from schexnayder's. Schexnayder makes venison sausage for me every year, & it is fantastic. I got a smoked chicken once from Schexnayder that was very good also. Made awesome chicken salad with most of it.

Bought some pies out there one week end that were very good.

I love the food @ T2, never had the breakfast, although I had some very good friends that were in there last Sat. morning. I am pretty sure they left about 10:30.

Very nice area you live in. I went to most of the Friday concerts on the batture recently