Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
GuySajerForgottenSoldier

Re: Best Band Ever

Post by GuySajerForgottenSoldier »

The Doors.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Pelican Six wrote:Now where's peychaud to make his case for the 1910 Fruitgum Company as Best Band Ever?
I think John C. Reilly has been tapped to play the lead singer/keyboardist in the movie. And Jeff Daniels, the lead guitarist.

Certainly was a lot of call for letting one's "backbone slip" back then. These days, the less, the better.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS!

Nine great musicians, driving brass sound, fantastic arrangements and vocals. Began 40 years ago - 1968 - presently doing their 40th Anniversary Tour. I saw them in Reno, in May. They were back again in August, special show, by popular demand. As great a show as was years ago.

http://www.bloodsweatandtears.com/

Have your good speakers on when you punch into that site. Listen and remember. Their alumni list reads like a Who's Who of great musicians:

Past BS&T Alumni:
Chris Albert, Don Alias, Dave Bargeron, Randy Bersen, Randy Brecker, Forrest Buchtel, Bruce Cassidy, Bobby Colomby, Jim Fielder, Barry Finnerty, Vern Dorhge, Bobby Economou, Joe Giorgianni, Dick Halligan, Jerry Hyman, Steve Katz, Steve Khan, Tony Klatka, Fred Lipsius, Tom Malone, Lou Marini jr, Richard Martinez, Ron McClure, Jaco Pastorius, David Piltch, Robert Piltch, Earl Seymour, Mike Stern, Neil Stubenhaus, Lew Soloff, Bill Tillman, Georg Wadenius, Jerry Weiss, Larry Willis, Chuck Winfield, David Clayton-Thomas, Al Kooper, Jerry Fisher, Jerry LaCroix.

The Blues Brothers Band largely came from BS&T.

As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Admin

Post by Admin »

Quite the travesty, don't you think, that David Clayton-Thomas is merely relegated to nothing more than third-from-last on a list of B,S&T alumni.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Admin wrote:Quite the travesty, don't you think, that David Clayton-Thomas is merely relegated to nothing more than third-from-last on a list of B,S&T alumni.

The list was copied from their website. I didn't stop to investigate the ordering. I don't think any slur was intended.

Do you like them as a band?
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, I do. I think David Clayton-Thomas had one of the most distinctive and recognizable voices of the era. Why his career did not materially endure beyond BS&T is a mystery. I wasn't saying you intended any slur; I read the same list from the website, and it was the observation made there that was the basis of my comment.