Best Three Man Band

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
Lobstros

Re: Best Three Man Band

Post by Lobstros »

Anyone else remember Triumph? :)

Can't argue with any of thre bands already listed, those are all favorites of mine.

I will provide my opinion for the best CURRENT 3-piece band: Rose Hill Drive. Three kids from Colorado that are just amazing players. They are also Pete Townsend's favorite new band, he took them out on tour with The Who last year.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I don't know how I didn't mention my good frineds, the Garza brothers of Los Lonely Boys. Fabulous 3 piece. Killer live act.
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Admin wrote:Indicative of a law enforcement bias? :rolleyes:
I like you, Admin.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Turbodog wrote:I don't know how I didn't mention my good frineds, the Garza brothers of Los Lonely Boys. Fabulous 3 piece. Killer live act.
I didn't care for them all that much until I saw them live (as in live performance on TV). It was on a CMT Crossroads, with Ronnie Milsap. They played great, and were in total awe of Ronnie, who was their father's musical idol.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

When I was a pre-teen, I simply ADORED Three Dog Night. Do they count? :p

Recently read that drummer (?) "Negron" was a heroin addict during their heydey..... guess he was a real mess. Thought that was interesting, as they did so many "wholesome" New Years Eve specials, etc.
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

NoNoNanette wrote:When I was a pre-teen, I simply ADORED Three Dog Night. Do they count? :p

Recently read that drummer (?) "Negron" was a heroin addict during their heydey..... guess he was a real mess. Thought that was interesting, as they did so many "wholesome" New Years Eve specials, etc.
Heroin must be a good preservative in some people. I saw him on a VH1 special years ago and he looked better than he did when he was young.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog! Was a good friend of mine!

I am a huge fan of Three Dog Night.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
Admin

Post by Admin »

Mrs. Fury wrote:Heroin must be a good preservative in some people.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog! Was a good friend of mine!

I am a huge fan of Three Dog Night.
"Joy To The World" was written by Hoyt Axton, who also wrote, among other things, "Never Been to Spain" (Three Dog Night), "The Pusher" (Steppenwolf), and "The No-No Song" (Ringo Starr). The last two, plus a couple others, inspired by his own drug problems. His mother, Mae Boren Axton, co-wrote "Heartbreak Hotel".
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Chuck Negron was one of the vocalist for Three Dog Night, a 7 member group (for most of its existence). The other vocalist were founder Danny Hutton and Corey Wells. The drummer was Floyd Sneed, with Jimmy Greenspan on keys, Mike Allsup on guitar and Joe Scheramie (who had previously played in a band with Cory Wells) on bass. There was some turnover in the band in latter years. A current version featuring Hutton, Wells, Allsup and Greenspan is touring.

Their biggest hit, Joy to the World, was written by Hoyt Axton.
Lobstros

Post by Lobstros »

For NoNoNanette, Mrs. Fury, and Turbodog (and of course everyone else that may be curious).

More than you ever wanted to know about Chuck Negron, pretty much the worst story ever:

http://sf-spingp1.spinner.com/2008/05/09/twisted-tales-three-dog-night-singer-suffers-groupie-related-gr/
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

We are all remiss in overlooking Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"