Isaac Hayes, dead at 65

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
RouxTheDay

Isaac Hayes, dead at 65

Post by RouxTheDay »

Singer, songwriter Isaac Hayes dies at age 65

34 minutes ago

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Isaac Hayes, the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at home. He was 65.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.
In the early 1970s, Hayes laid the groundwork for disco, for what became known as urban-contemporary music and for romantic crooners like Barry White. And he was rapping before there was rap.
His career hit another high in 1997 when he became the voice of Chef, the sensible school cook and devoted ladies man on the animated TV show "South Park."
NoNoNanette

Re: Isaac Hayes, dead at 65

Post by NoNoNanette »

Although I tend to believe that Scientologists are WHACKO.....

Isaac Hayes gained my respect when he left South Park because they were bashing his religion. I respect any individual who stands up for his principles. RIP.
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

He was a bad mutha....

HUSH YO MOUTH!

I'm jus' talkin' 'bout Hayes...
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

NoNoNanette wrote:Although I tend to believe that Scientologists are WHACKO.....

Isaac Hayes gained my respect when he left South Park because they were bashing his religion. I respect any individual who stands up for his principles. RIP.

I never understood what changed his mind about the show. He sure made a lot of money before he quit. And if Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls didn't send him away, I can't see where the show got any more disrespectful than they already were.
I can just imagine an episode in the next season for Chef's funeral.