What Song...

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
Low-N-Slow

What Song...

Post by Low-N-Slow »

What song, when you hear it on the radio, always makes you change the station? Granted, FM radio these days has a playlist about as shallow as the bird bath in your Grandma's front yard, but what song moves you to punch a button to find something-- anything-- else? I can think of two: Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil" (Who, who?... Who, who?... Who cares???), and that point about two-thirds through "Free Bird" where you ask yourself, "Why isn't this song over now?" So, other than "Afternoon Delight" and "You're Having My Baby", neither of which gets any radio airplay this century, what song makes you change the channel?
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
Turbodog

Re: What Song...

Post by Turbodog »

I very rarely listen to music on radio (maybe after an LSU broadcast, when the station goes back to music). But, if I did, "Stairway to Heaven" is a sure button pusher for me. One of the worst hit songs, ever.

My friend Bill Davis of Dash RIp Rock use to do (and occasionally still does) a great parody "Stairway to Freebird".
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Hmm... Conan O'Brien's "swan song" is "Free Bird", featuring Will Ferrell on vocals (in a Ronnie VanZant get-up), Billy Gibbons on lead guitar, and Conan himself on rhythm...
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

That was awesome. Billy Gibbons, Ben Harper and Beck, joining Conan (playing some pretty good guitar), all on gguitar, with Max and the band. It was satirical, it was parody and it was musically awesome. That was a fine moment in television history.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Low-N-Slow wrote:Hmm... Conan O'Brien's "swan song" is "Free Bird", featuring Will Ferrell on vocals (in a Ronnie VanZant get-up), Billy Gibbons on lead guitar, and Conan himself on rhythm...

I wasn't crazy about Will, his bimbo, or all of the shots of Will with his tongue down her throat. :(

The jam session was neat. ;)
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Anything by "RUSH" makes me change the channel. *cringing at the thought of their music*
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

Mr. Bojangles and Me and Bobby McGee come to mind. I can't change stations fast enough when I hear either one.
Never for money
Always for love ,Cover up & say goodnight
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Great Danish wrote:Mr. Bojangles and Me and Bobby McGee come to mind. I can't change stations fast enough when I hear either one.
Those are two great songs. Both made lots of $$$ for their repsective writers.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

any song by a Simpson.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

cstoehr wrote:any song by a Simpson.
we, come on, I like Homer.