I really like music/what are you listening to?

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
buzd

Re: I really like music/what are you listening to?

Post by buzd »

I've picked up some older JJ Cale stuff recently. Happy music.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

I think I am obsessed! (fyi: may be offensive to The Quakers out there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOrKLUlh-To
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

The heat has me beat. The only way to go is reggae. I have found solace from thew heat in the form of Burning Spear, Culture and Tim Armstrong (yes, the diminutive punk rocker from Rancid put out one of the best records in the history of reggae music ("A Poet's Life"; 2007). While I love classi,c "roots" reggae, Tim's modern, urban record (recorded with the socal Aggrolite's backing him; their stuff is pretty fine as well).
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

steel pulse - true democracy was on heavy rotation for me in the mid 80's. i need to download a copy. havent listend to that one if years. barrington levy is an old favorite as well.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

#7 throw away to do list. wrote:steel pulse - true democracy was on heavy rotation for me in the mid 80's. i need to download a copy. havent listend to that one if years. barrington levy is an old favorite as well.
That is one of reggae's best records. The Birmingham outfit put it all together on that one (their previous stuff was good, but this was a damned near perfect record). I still listen to that one a lot. I don't find much of the new reggae to be that good. One execption is Kingman and Jonah (Claudius Linton, an old Jamaican singer form the 70's and Ian Jones, an indie rocker from Maryland, with a top notch band). Cd came out in 2008. Really good.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Taj Mahal Mo' Roots
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
praline

Post by praline »

Been listening to a lot of Collective Soul lately. Gearing up to see them again at the Hard Rock Biloxi next month :)

Also listening to DH's music. The kids and I are at the beach so he has been recording his new songs and emailing them to me.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Ed Roland is good. I have not listened to them in a while, but always a worthy band. BTW, new album coming out in late August.

Today, I find myself llistening to Kasey Chambers "Carnival" (2006).

Most of the weekend, it was Dylan Live (Rolling Thunder Revue (1975). Great Tour, great band, great record). Also, Todd Snider's latest, "the Excitement Plan" (2009). Real Good Stuff!
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Pat Travers & Carmine Appice - "Bazooka" from 2006. This throwback features guests Rick Derringer, and Steve Lukather and Bobby Kimball from Toto. Covers of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and Aerosmith's "Last Child" include all the Travers bombast his fans have come to expect. Big and crunchy, loud and funky-- I La La La Love It.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Just caught Lovett and his Large Band on Conan. They did a rockin "Choke my Chicken". Good stuff!

He sure is a strange one though...