"LIFE ON MARS"- What a neat show!

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Alex

Re: "LIFE ON MARS"- What a neat show!

Post by Alex »

I watched it last week for the first time and I thought it was pretty good. Very good cast.
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Alex wrote:I watched it last week for the first time and I thought it was pretty good. Very good cast.
I DVRd it, and need to watch it tomorrow during the day. Did you recognize JOHNNY SAC from the Sopranos?

MAN, he looked old and fat! Broke my heart..... I found him to be quite the hunk 10 years ago..... happens to the best of us, I guess. :p
Alex

Post by Alex »

NoNoNanette wrote:I DVRd it, and need to watch it tomorrow during the day. Did you recognize JOHNNY SAC from the Sopranos?

MAN, he looked old and fat! Broke my heart..... I found him to be quite the hunk 10 years ago..... happens to the best of us, I guess. :p
I noticed he did look old and fat. Oh well - maybe he did that for the part.
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Just watched it. Great episode. Hope that old fat guy turns into a regular! :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

We chose to skip Life on Mars and watch the some of the final season of The Sopranos on Netflix. I have seen some of them, but my wife has not. The episode we watched was called "Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request..." - lol
Sine qua non
Admin

Post by Admin »

Cancelled, but with time to produce a final "closure" episode.

Highlight the area below with your mouse cursor to read the spoiler:

Sam and his castmates are really astronauts on a mission to Mars, placed in suspended animation for the long trip, during which they are "neurally stimulated" with implanted scenarios of a life in 2008. Sam, our hero, somehow suffers a glitch, and his fabricated scenario relocates him to 1973. Once he is made to realize that the reason for his being there is to form a life-long connection to Annie, he wakes up on the spaceship in 2035 to find all of his precinct colleagues from 1973, Annie included, are fellow space voyagers seeking proof of extra-terrestrial DNA (they're on a "Gene Hunt"), and the Harvey Keitel character is Sam's own father.(Oh, and "President Obama" wishes "she" could convey her best wishes to the crew for a successful mission, but she is occupied attending to her ailing father.)

I admit I had lost interest in the show myself, but still wanted to see what was the resolution.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

The series ending knocked me out! Blew me away! :toast:

Loved the final shot of Harvey's white shoe. :)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."