Is Dark Knight the best comic book movie ever?

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Roman09

Is Dark Knight the best comic book movie ever?

Post by Roman09 »

I really think so. From Christian Bales solid performance. Heath Ledgers amazing job as the joker. Supporting cast, excellent. Plot and Atmosphere of the movie perfect in my view. Maybe Superman comes close but i prefer the darkness which the original comics were all about.
bam bam

Re: Is Dark Knight the best comic book movie ever?

Post by bam bam »

I think it transcends the genre. It is one of the best movies ever made. Period.
JRO

Post by JRO »

Went to see Dark Knight Saturday, one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a long time. Both the Joker & Batman parts were played great
mrpwp

Post by mrpwp »

Great movie.
buzd

Post by buzd »

Roman09 wrote:I really think so. From Christian Bales solid performance. Heath Ledgers amazing job as the joker. Supporting cast, excellent. Plot and Atmosphere of the movie perfect in my view. Maybe Superman comes close but i prefer the darkness which the original comics were all about.
Yes. Both of the movies in the series. I thought Batman Begins was particularly excellent as well, especially the part in Nepal that explained how he learned to fight and his desire to combat evil.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Times have changed, especially the technology used in movies, special effects, computers etc

Superman with Chrisotpher Reeves was great at the time, but you really can't compare.

I still say (this) Batman is a "guy movie", I thought it was good, but that's about it.....
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
ChoWeb

Post by ChoWeb »

My dad and I went to see this movie together. I loved it and he thought it was just "ok." Having grown up with the original batman (Comics and tv show), he said that it had always been aimed at kids. The "POW" "BAM" in the comics, and the lighter tone to them have clearly changed over the years. Not just in the movies, but in the comics as well, now apparently (though I'm not a comic reader).

I thought that was an interesting point of view. If you're comparing it to the original comics then no, it isn't a great comic interpretation.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I agree with BamBam. This is quite obviously the best comic book movie ever made, and also one of the best movies made in the past decade. Heath Ledger was especially amazing.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Afraid we are odd man out here, it was a good movie but it was too long.

It seemed to drag in parts and if shorten somewhat, would have been a sharper movie.

HL was good in his part but I do think people are getting somewhat carried away with his acting because he had a tragic death.

And Christian's voice as Batman was almost a growl ?

Just my opinion. :)
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I finally saw Dark Knight last week and really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great movie.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."