Deadliest Catch controversy

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Alex

Deadliest Catch controversy

Post by Alex »

I am not sure what is going on with Discovery and the Hillstrand brothers, but they need to find a resolution! I will not watch Deadliest Catch without the Time Bandit and the Northwestern. I understand contract law, but there has to be a reason why Andy and Jonathan did not finish the spin off. Discovery needs to find a way to fix this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-2 ... 91698.html
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Re: Deadliest Catch controversy

Post by cstoehr »

I was wondering why they would "quit" in the middle of it myself. I also wouldn't think they would want to give up the main gig.
Alex

Post by Alex »

cstoehr wrote:I was wondering why they would "quit" in the middle of it myself. I also wouldn't think they would want to give up the main gig.
They will still fish, just without the cameras on the boat. apparently they do not get much money from having the cameras on the boat. Most of their money comes from appearances, merchandising and commercials. I think they are sick of being on TV anyway and I am almost sure that is why Sig is standing with them.

The good news is that the Cornelia Marie has signed on for the season, so i will watch the first episode to watch them spread Phil's ashes and hang it up after that.
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

I hear you about that.........it will not be the same without Phil. Plus they are really running out of story ideas. Maybe the time has come to just let them go back to make a living without the cameras.

On that note, I got into the Swords program. That was pretty interesting.
Alex

Post by Alex »

It appears all parties have now come to an agreement and the Northwestern and the Time Bandit will be back for this season. Great news!!

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

cstoehr wrote:I hear you about that.........it will not be the same without Phil. Plus they are really running out of story ideas. Maybe the time has come to just let them go back to make a living without the cameras.

On that note, I got into the Swords program. That was pretty interesting.
I have watched Swords a few times. It is pretty cool.
Sine qua non
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

But what was their reason for not finishing? I never did see that printed.
Alex

Post by Alex »

LauraMc wrote:But what was their reason for not finishing? I never did see that printed.
no, that was never disclosed as far as I know
Sine qua non