Screaming commercials

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Mrs. Fury

Re: Screaming commercials

Post by Mrs. Fury »

flyinbayou wrote:I listen to more radio than TV and find their commercial volumes to be even higher than that of TV commercials, especially car ads.
But more annoying to me is one particular local voice-over lady that has the worst vocal quality of anyone I've heard. Best way I could describe it is as a creaky falsetto. I can't switch the station fast enough when I hear it and can't believe she gets any work.
I think I know who you are talking about and I feel the same way. There are so many local tv and radio people I cannot stand to hear even for a minute.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
bdavid

Post by bdavid »

Mrs. Fury wrote:I think I know who you are talking about and I feel the same way. There are so many local tv and radio people I cannot stand to hear even for a minute.
Yes, that lady is like fingernails on a blackboard. In her league I also put Margaret whatsername the weather lady and Bobby Hebert. Oh, and Diane Rheims (sp?) on NPR.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

bdavid wrote:Yes, that lady is like fingernails on a blackboard. In her league I also put Margaret whatsername the weather lady and Bobby Hebert. Oh, and Diane Rheims (sp?) on NPR.
Margaret "Run For The Hills" Orr........... I like her, Barbara. Honestly...I think she saved alot of lives during Katrina with her insistence of hatchets in the attic. :toast:
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
bdavid

Post by bdavid »

Well, she might be the second coming but her voice still sends me screaming to the hills.... :)
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Does New Orleans (or any of you) have ATT Uverse yet? It has completely solved my commercial problems. How? Please follow.

The "mote" in my hand talks to a "box" that (besides selecting the channels) contains a digital video recorder, capable of recording four TV programs simultaneously. I record any program I wish to watch (say at 8:00 pm), and then 20 or so minutes into the program I begin playing it back (say at 8:20 pm). Yes it will record and play back the same program simultaneously. Each time the commercial appears I "jump" ahead to the commencing program. No loud commercials, no commercials period. :D
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Cox DVR here is capable of same-- playback of recording in-progress, but can only record 2 programs at the same time (and the box has to be tuned to one of them). U-verse is supposed to be in the works for this market, but, last I read about it, hadn't rolled out yet. I thought it was interesting for the feature that you have a master "box", and can start watching a DVRed program in one room, and then finish watching in another room if you want. I remember the article I read said something that struck me as a downside vs. Cox, but not sure now what exactly that was.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"