After the Catch

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
LauraMc

After the Catch

Post by LauraMc »

I heard they are filming "After the Catch" in New Orleans this year. People think it's the weekend of the Oyster Festival. I do see the crew of Deadliest Catch is scheduled for an oyster eating contest but I'm not sure if they mean the actual people on the boats or the film crews. Anyone got any info?
Alex

Re: After the Catch

Post by Alex »

Yes, I just heard about it last night. This morning there was a jazz funeral for Phil outside the Blue Nile.

I went and it was a blast. Pictures and video soon to follow.

You could see the grief in Jake and Josh's eyes. Jake spent most of time standing behind Josh. Jonathan spun out in his Harley and it appeared all had a good time. At first I do not think they knew what to make of it, but after a few minutes they were all dancing with what appeared to be an all local crowd. I got to talk to Edgar and shook hands with Josh, Keith, and Jonathan.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/small ... LA-June-15
Sine qua non
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

I saw Capt Sig's brother doing an interview Friday am.
Alex

Post by Alex »

cstoehr wrote:I saw Capt Sig's brother doing an interview Friday am.
Quiet about that, I am telling my wife that Edgar did not come down with them - he is her favorite.
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Why didn't she go with you when you met them?
Alex

Post by Alex »

cstoehr wrote:Why didn't she go with you when you met them?
She had to work - I told her to call in and say funeral, but they are short staffed and she is swamped. That why I shot the video - for her.

I was torn as to go because I am unemployed and need to be here or on the road job hunting, but I watched DC the night before and thought to myself that I just could not miss this. Phil was a great guy and embodies many American values such as rugged individualism, free enterprise, and BALLS, so I kinda felt I had to pay tribute - glad I did, it was a blast.
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

There is an article in the TP today about the show and the of course Phil and his sons. I always said when I watched that show how iit would be a blast to hang out in the bars with those captains.