Survivor Winner: Nathalie

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Low-N-Slow

Survivor Winner: Nathalie

Post by Low-N-Slow »

When will someone who actually "outwits, outplays, and outlasts" actually win Survivor? As opposed to someone who apparently does only one-- and the weakest one at that-- of the three (outlasts)? Russell was, to date, the player everyone loved to hate, but he clearly both demonstrated and achieved all three of the paradigms. The winner, Nathalie, it might be said, merely rode on his coattails. Her take was that doing so was, in fact, her "strategy". I think Russell should have won (can you tell?). What do you think? Did you even watch this season?
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
dragongrrl

Re: Survivor Winner: Nathalie

Post by dragongrrl »

I hated Russ until he Kazapped smug Galu with that Immunity Idol. Then he won me over. I didn't like him lying about Katrina for one. I wound up liking both him and Nat and I'm fine that Nat won. I wish Shambo had won the popularity vote. Russell will have another chance on Heroes and Villains which has already filmed and wrapped, although I'm thinking he didn't get far considering how upset he was last night at the finale.
Now this is more like it.
Alex

Post by Alex »

As far as I am concerned Russell won. I am not even paying attention to Natalie and Mick. The vote was BS, but everyone knows who played the best game.
Sine qua non
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Russell winning fan fave says it all. I loved when he said Nat's best strategic move was aligning w/him.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

So what do people think of the next Heroes and Villains season? This is a list compiled by onliners supposedly using insider knowledge. I don't know if it's correct but I do know Coach, Russ and Tyson are all supposedly definite. I wonder how Coach feels about his "dragonslayer" self being in the Villains. In the preview there was an awful lot of clips of Hatch, yet supposedly a judge said no to him being on. I don't know why they'd include pieces of his season if he or Sue aren't on.

Heroes:

Colby (Australia & All-Stars) James (China & Micronesia: Fans vs. Faves) J.T. (Tocatins) Rupert (Pearl Islands & All-Stars) Tom (Palau) Amanda (China & Micronesia: Fans vs. Faves) Candice (Cook Islands) Cirie (Panama:Exile Island & Micronesia F v. F) Stephenie (Palau & Guatamala) Sugar (Gabon)

Villians:

Coach (Tocatins) Randy (Gabon) Rob (Marquesas & All-Stars) Russell (Samoa) Tyson (Tocatins) Courtney (China) Danielle (Panama: Exile Island) Jerri (Australia & All-Stars) Parvati (Cook Islands & Micronesia: F v. F) Sandra (Pearl Islands)
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

How can there be villains without Johnny Fairplay?

Re: Hatch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ha ... prisonment
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Didn't he quit on the last one he did? Probst hates quitters. I think that sunk him as far as future seasons go. Anyway, here's Probst's take on the Russell sitch from his blog. http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/12/21/jeff-probst-survivor-russell/?xid=rss-tv-Jeff+Probst+blogs+%27Survivor%27+finale

Okay, now that the show is officially over I’m going to take off my hosting and producing hat and just give you my personal reaction to what went down last night.

I think Russell was the victim of a jury of bitter people. I am not taking anything away from Natalie, she clearly did a great job of reading the group dynamic of the jury and as a result she deserves the money.

Oftentimes on Survivor, the vote does come down to a choice where a determining factor is “how nice someone is” but that’s usually when all other criteria being considered is equal. That doesn’t hold up this season. This season was so lopsided in terms of one person (Russell) completely dominating the game that to not give him the money and the title is a bit silly.

If I were playing Survivor, no matter how much I despised someone, if they kicked my ass in the game I would give it to them. Period. Outwit. Outplay. Nobody outwitted or outplayed Russell. Not even close.
I was a bit surprised at Erik’s nod to Natalie during the final tribal council. I think he certainly helped Natalie and definitely hurt Russell. I also think that when Erik watches this season again in a few years he will regret not giving his vote to Russell. Erik is the kind of guy who I thought would respect a player like Russell. I think Erik was still smarting from the whole Galu disaster.

I do not believe the jury voted for Natalie, I believe the jury voted against Russell.

Russell was clearly upset last night and I think a lot of people understand why that would be. He played a very risky and creative game and he wanted to be acknowledged. As for the audience, they spoke quite loudly when they awarded him the $100,000 from Sprint by an overwhelming 46% Russell to 10% Shambo… and 7% Natalie. Not even close. I put myself in that same group. Again, I’m speaking as a fan, not as a host or a producer.