Mahalia Jackson Theater/Color Purple

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
EatinAintCheatin

Mahalia Jackson Theater/Color Purple

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

We have Saturday night season tickets to the Broadway Across America series coming to the Mahalia Jackson Theatre. We went last night and thoroughly enjoyed the play; however, the rip off cheap bastard management of the theatre makes me want to sell the rest of my tickets.

For $7 I ordered a Maker's Mark on the rocks. Tipped in the jar well in advance, in sight, and received less than a half pour. The bartender wasn't too happy when I said "wtf?

But here's the real problem. They turn the water off to all the water fountains, on every floor until after the show. So if you want a sip of water you have to pay the man $3 for a bottle of filtered water (Dasani).

Unacceptable. I don't care how much they need the money. To blatantly disable the water fountains is pure bs.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Suzy Wong

Re: Mahalia Jackson Theater/Color Purple

Post by Suzy Wong »

That is odd about the water fountain, was it just one that may not have been working? If they do have that practice, how absurd.

I would ask for tap water, escpecially if you are already buying drinks. I'd be surprised if they said no. (which I understand they might)

I MISS the Saengar so much!

Here is the link to the management and their phone/ email at the Theater if by chance you wanted to write them:

http://www.mahaliajacksontheater.com/contact.htm
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Suzy Wong wrote:That is odd about the water fountain, was it just one that may not have been working? If they do have that practice, how absurd.

I would ask for tap water, escpecially if you are already buying drinks. I'd be surprised if they said no. (which I understand they might)

I MISS the Saengar so much!

Here is the link to the management and their phone/ email at the Theater if by chance you wanted to write them:

http://www.mahaliajacksontheater.com/contact.htm
I went to 5 different fountains on 2 different floors. The management told me to "go to the bottom level before the pressure ran out."

Yes, I miss the Saenger too. My Dad, who's 82, worked there as an usher when he was in high school and lived in the projects. He brought us there as kids and it will always be special to us.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Neat! story about your dad, I'm sure he had fun working there.

My mom used to see movies there when she was a kid. My parents took us to plays when we were young, and whew...HA....I was able to take my son to plays (and performances) also before the hurricane...

I know they said they will be reopening The Saenger, in a year (or 2)? But I'm not sure if it's for broadway shows.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein