'Jericho' New Orleans Fan Thread

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
cstoehr

Re: 'Jericho' New Orleans Fan Thread

Post by cstoehr »

Good for him. I really thought he was good in his role as Hawkins. I don't think I ever saw the old version of The Prisoner. If it was 1960's, do you think they will "modern" up the version to current times, or just redo that series as it was. Did you ever see The Prisoner? I really do not think I ever did or I would remember.
Alex

Post by Alex »

cstoehr wrote:Good for him. I really thought he was good in his role as Hawkins. I don't think I ever saw the old version of The Prisoner. If it was 1960's, do you think they will "modern" up the version to current times, or just redo that series as it was. Did you ever see The Prisoner? I really do not think I ever did or I would remember.
I have never seen it either. I questioned my wife as she is the resident movie expert, but she seems to have heard of it but that is all.

I think some investigation may be in order.
Sine qua non
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Not to hi-jack further, but I did see the series in its original airings, as well as years later in syndication, and it was still confusing. You have to remember that was an era when spies were big in pop culture in a variety of ways-- James Bond, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Get Smart, The Avengers, Johnny Rivers' "Secret Agent Man", and even toys of the time were espionage-obsessed. Part of the Cold War mentality, I suppose. The Prisoner was an offbeat chapter in that book.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

more hijack.....I loved The Avengers and also Man from U.N.C.L.E. I also liked I Spy.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Alex,

I could have just been tired, but I was channel surfing and the "bad cop" (wife beater) on Flashpoint last night looked like one of the actors from Jericho. I am brain fading right now but it looked like the older son. I can not think of the character or actors name and am too lazy to check it out. Anyway, if it wasn't him, it was pretty close.
Alex

Post by Alex »

cstoehr wrote:Alex,

I could have just been tired, but I was channel surfing and the "bad cop" (wife beater) on Flashpoint last night looked like one of the actors from Jericho. I am brain fading right now but it looked like the older son. I can not think of the character or actors name and am too lazy to check it out. Anyway, if it wasn't him, it was pretty close.
Well, I don't watch Flashpoint, but I searched Google news and you are right. It is Kenneth Mitchell who played "Eric Green" on Jericho. I am glad these people are getting some work.

http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/article/?id ... ectionId=7
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

I don't watch that show either. I kept saying to myself, it is him, no its not. He looked like he had put on weight or something. Hey, he was almost in character, LOL, law enforcement and cheating on his wife! :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

cstoehr wrote:I don't watch that show either. I kept saying to myself, it is him, no its not. He looked like he had put on weight or something. Hey, he was almost in character, LOL, law enforcement and cheating on his wife! :)
I never cared much for his character on Jericho. He never does well on the character elimination games on the Jericho forums. Half of the time he gets eliminated before "John Goetz".
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Alex wrote:I never cared much for his character on Jericho. He never does well on the character elimination games on the Jericho forums. Half of the time he gets eliminated before "John Goetz".
I don't doubt it.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Latest update from Rubber Poultry:

After numerous requests from within the fandom, I checked in with Carol today and she was kind enough to respond even though she’s out of the office for August. It turns out KayT did the same thing by coincidence.

She told me that the Jericho producers are moving full steam ahead on two of the fronts we’ve been already heard about. What’s really exciting is that she said they’re actually working on a story document for presentations associated with the current negotiations.

Negotiations are always sensitive, so there’s not much more that can be said right now, but I think this is really great news.

I know the next question is which two fronts. I think we’ll have that information sooner rather than later.

http://www.savejerichoagain.com/2008/08 ... ee-8-4-08/
Sine qua non