Batman

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
bam bam

Batman

Post by bam bam »

This could be the first movie ever that combines critical acclaim with box office muscle. I am looking forward to it.
LiveOak

Re: Batman

Post by LiveOak »

I can't wait. I'm hoping to see it this weekend. I am a longtime Batman fan (despite my avatar). There have been many storylines in the books over the years that I think could easily be classified as literature. It looks like this movie will get much closer to that.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

I went to 13 YEARS Catholic school, 1 Presb,

I let my son, now 10 see Hulk, Bat and Spiderman when he was too wee tike, but sadly, MEAN MUMMY takes place, NO Batman....

It's frustrating they make so many "toys" after these movies, and don't realize the potential violence.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
GuySajerForgottenSoldier

Post by GuySajerForgottenSoldier »

I saw it this AM. Very intense. Pretty disturbing. I liked it. Ledger was very twisted and believable. I usually dislike Aaron Eckhart (too bland), but I thought he did a good job here.
This is not a little kids movie.
buzd

Post by buzd »

I will either see it tonight or be at the first showing tomorrow. I can't wait!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

My wife saw it last night and said it was awesome.
Sine qua non
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Alex wrote:My wife saw it last night and said it was awesome.
Why didn't you go?

Getting your drink on? AHHAHAHHAA JJ
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
T. Slob

Post by T. Slob »

Just chiming in to confirm that it is indeed completely awesome and that Heath Ledger absolutely nails every scene he's in.
"Efficiency and progress are ours once more, now that we have the neutron bomb..."
buzd

Post by buzd »

T. Slob wrote:Just chiming in to confirm that it is indeed completely awesome and that Heath Ledger absolutely nails every scene he's in.
YES!!

I may post more thoughts later, but I caught the 10AM show today, and it was absolutely outstanding, both as a standalone movie and as an addition to the batman series. Ledger was mindblowing.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Suzy Wong wrote:Why didn't you go?

Getting your drink on? AHHAHAHHAA JJ
Um, actually yes.
Sine qua non