Celebrity Apprentice Finale

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Admin

Celebrity Apprentice Finale

Post by Admin »

Annie Duke got totally screwed. The Donald says NBC picked them up for another season. Based upon this debacle, I won't be watching any more.
dragongrrl

Re: Celebrity Apprentice Finale

Post by dragongrrl »

Boy do we disagree. I loved Joan and wanted her to win. Hated Annie from the start.

That said, she did an outstanding job raising money and I did expect she might win. But I wanted Joan.
Now this is more like it.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Hmm... Root canal, colonoscopy, Joan Rivers? I can't decide. We used to watch Annie on WPT all the time, so we knew of her already, and perhaps those who'd never seen or heard of her before thought she out-bitched Joan (and Melissa). We viewed her as the underdog. Of course, they only showed what they wanted us to see, as usual. I thought keeping them in separate waiting rooms was a nice touch. And how about the end? "Annie, you're fired!" Cue music, roll credits. I guess everybody was ready to get out of there after three hours' imprisonment.

Favorite quote of the evening:

Donald Trump: "Clint, if you were me, who would you fire?"
Clint Black: "Your editor?"
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Three hours was a bad idea as was most of the recaps of the clashes which just got reignited rather than resolved.

I did not like the inclusion of Melissa simply because that automatically gave Joan and Melissa the edge over everyone else and her melt down was both ridiculous and good TV. There have been jobs I lost that I wanted to act like that when leaving but knew better so her tantrum was a guilty pleasure.

I didn't like Annie, but she did an impressive job and got tremendous visibility for both herself and her charity. I can't help it. I love Joan. So I'll watch next year.
Now this is more like it.