AI: Stevie Wonder's Obama Shout Out

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
JRO

Post by JRO »

I watched last night, & was really enjoying the show that Stevie Wonder was putting on. Thinking about how I had some of his albums a real long time ago, & then he spits out "I love you Barack Obama". Thanks for DVR, because I hit the mute immediately, then fast forward til he was finished.

I want to hear you perform your music, not have to hear your political views. I was thinking before he spewed that crap, about putting some of his songs to a CD, well he can kiss my ass.

I boycotted a local singer that I like for 2 months during the election for the same BS
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

JRO wrote:I watched last night, & was really enjoying the show that Stevie Wonder was putting on. Thinking about how I had some of his albums a real long time ago, & then he spits out "I love you Barack Obama". Thanks for DVR, because I hit the mute immediately, then fast forward til he was finished.

I want to hear you perform your music, not have to hear your political views. I was thinking before he spewed that crap, about putting some of his songs to a CD, well he can kiss my ass.

I boycotted a local singer that I like for 2 months during the election for the same BS

I felt the same way!
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

JRO wrote:I watched last night, & was really enjoying the show that Stevie Wonder was putting on. Thinking about how I had some of his albums a real long time ago, & then he spits out "I love you Barack Obama". Thanks for DVR, because I hit the mute immediately, then fast forward til he was finished.

Stevie lost me at Jazz Fest last year.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

edible complex wrote:Stevie lost me at Jazz Fest last year.
Not familiar with what may have occurred at that performance. But if it's a choice between Dixie Chicks dissing the POTUS on foreign soil, and Stevie giving a shout out to his candidate-of-choice on AI, there's no debate in my mind as to whose records I would still listen to.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"