American Idol

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
dragongrrl

Re: American Idol

Post by dragongrrl »

I loved both Reuben and Clay that year. I wanted there to be TWO Idols and I guess that's kind of what happened since Reuben got the title and Clay got the bucks.

I guess I'd rather have the gold than the glory.
Now this is more like it.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

A source on a blog who often has Idol info early has posted the song choices for Home week so I thought I'd put them up.

Danny: “Dance Little Sister” by Terence Trent D’Arby, Chosen by Paula.

Kris: “Apologize” by OneRepublic, chosen by Randy.

Adam: “One” by U2 or "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak, chosen by Simon. (either they haven't decided which one Adam will sing or they want to leave it a secret. The source was pissed they wouldn't say which song it was.)

Sorry Kara - no contestant for you. (done in the voice of the Seinfeld soup nazi.)
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Okay Edible, you'll love this. WARNING! Anyone who loves Danny Gokey will not like this Entertainment Weekly commentary.

Watch the captions appearing in the televisions behind the speakers. Funniest part of the piece. It's in two parts. Part one takes on Gokey and part two takes on Allison.

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20007164_20174011,00.html

Part two made me cry. I agree completely with these people.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

So, who is going home? It's weird for me. I've never been this way about Idol..I am usually passionate about one of them..not this year! They're all very good and the way I look at it..they're all going to end up with a music career at this point..any of them can win.

I wasn't blown away by any of them last night. There were some good moments...and a few not so great moments. I know Adam is the crowd favorite and there is no doubt the kid has loads of talent..but, I would love to hear him just come out...sit down on a stool and sing. The theatrics and screaming those high notes can only take him so far.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Well Kris has made it a real race so I'm stumped. I thought each had one good performance and one meh performance with Kris coming out best overall. So I don't know. Dial Idol has Adam on top with Kris second but it's so tight they can't be sure. Adam could be first or third.

I don't think Adam screamed in Mad World, did he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyyESHqT9a4
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

bring it on Kradam!
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Admin

Post by Admin »

Pardon me while I blaspheme, but I think I would have preferred a Danny/Kris final, as inconceivable as that might seem, certainly given tonight's results. I keep thinking that Adam has brought an element of professional experience to the competition that we always knew was there, lurking, in the form of singers with previous record deals, etc. But, in the backs of our minds, we suppressed all that because this is supposed to be the show where some total unknown shoots to a level of super-stardom that they never would have, but only for their friends or relatives having urged them to try out for AI. In other words, I consider Adam the ultimate ringer.

I also think of it in terms of, "whose album do I want to listen to 12 cuts in a row?" I can't imagine sitting through a even a handful of "Whole Lotta Love"s, where I uncomfortably visualize the big note coinciding with that extended tongue inching ever closer to the microphone. I'm now rooting for a major Kris upset, although chances of it happening are slim.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Admin wrote:I also think of it in terms of, "whose album do I want to listen to 12 cuts in a row?" I can't imagine sitting through a even a handful of "Whole Lotta Love"s, where I uncomfortably visualize the big note coinciding with that extended tongue inching ever closer to the microphone. I'm now rooting for a major Kris upset, although chances of it happening are slim.
Surely you don't think that Danny-o is going to fade from the musical picture. You'll have an option to choose his album. As for Adam, I'm counting on him being polished up a bit more to either focus his screams or tone them down. Could be wrong, we'll have to see. As for Kris, the come from behind kid, WHOO HA!! Judges dissed him and dismissed him and he just kept coming up more valuable at the right times. He'd roll along doing nothing then knock me out with something. He could easily win this.

No matter what, the top three, NO the top four will be in our future for a while yet.

Voting for Adam but Kris or Adam as winner is good with me.

(Edible, I looked at your name for the finale and thought that if it had been Gokey and Adam, my moniker would have been GoAdam.)
Admin

Post by Admin »

dragongrrl wrote:Surely you don't think that Danny-o is going to fade from the musical picture. You'll have an option to choose his album.
I'm hoping I'll have an option as good as Elliot Yamin's debut album. I also am looking forward to his follow-up (in stores now).

What I'm saying is, as much as we're all enjoying Adam now, I don't envision him selling albums as a solo artist. I think Kris' second performance last nite was the monkeywrench Danny wasn't expecting, Danny's poor song choices of-late not-withstanding. (But his swan song was confirmation he has the chops.)
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Ok, I'll throw my two cents in. I don't really see Adam as a rocker. He's more of a show man. I can't imagine buying his cd. As for Danny, Kris, and Allison...yes, I would.

I love rock music...but, I see Adam more as a very talented kid that could sing anything thrown at him. It just doesn't seem true to me. He seems too polished...like a well oiled machine. He was in it to win..and he most likely will.

I will be voting for Kris....over and over and over again:P