LOST

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
NoNoNanette

Re: LOST

Post by NoNoNanette »

Found it- Daniel from TMZ moved the site:

http://thelostdiary.com/ :)
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Get a load of this scenario on Daniel's site!
Is anyone familiar with Eternal Recurrence (goes back to the Egyptians, but was popularized by Nietzche)? Idea is that the Universe has been recurring, and will continue to recur in a self-similar form an infinite number of times. The basic premise is that the Universe is limited in extent and contains a finite amount of matter while time is infinite. The universe has no starting or ending state, while the matter it is made of is in a constantly changing state. The number of possible changes is finite, and so sooner or later the same state will recur- i.e. eternal recurrence. (Talking Heads- Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was.) Physicists such as Hawking and Gott proposed models by where the Universe could undergo time travel provided the balance between mass and energy created the appropriate cosmological geometry. So that’s is what is happening on the island, time is infinite, the matter (the island, think of the initial place on the beach, is finite, and the losties are shifting from one place in time to another riding the matter train thru time. Surely they will be back to the Black Rock days soon. Also would posit that Walt is a time traveler as well and his abilities were recognized early on by Ben and Richard and the Others and that is how he visited Shannon and Locke at various times.

Posted by: Flashest Monk | January 22, 2009 12:39 PM
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

OK-

One more thing, and then I'll shut up about this show.....

Do you remember when Richard visited Locke as a little boy? He brought him some items to choose? Remember the compass from last night?

Now, check this out:
Richard brought a baseball mitt, the Book of Laws, a vial of sand, a compass, a comic book (with a polar bear on an island on the cover), and a knife.

richard asked young locke, which of these belong to you ALREADY.

locke picked the sand, the compass, and the knife. when he picked the knife, richard asked him if he was sure and locke said yes. then richard got upset and left. it seemed richard wanted him to pick the book of laws instead, but one cant be sure i guess.

Posted by: sarah badara | January 22, 2009 01:18 PM
Alex

Post by Alex »

Those are some interesting theories. I enjoyed the heck out of it! I am in TV heaven right now with Lost, BSG, and 24 all going at the same time. It is a good thing because with the Jericho incident and the writers strike things were pretty bad for a while.

It looks like the ratings were decent, but I was expecting at least 13 million. Fox's new show made a hell of a debut!:

Though of course American Idol was the most watched program of the night, at 9pm, the series premiere of Lie to Me drew more viewers than the return of LOST. In the 9pm hour Lie to Me averaged 13.188 million to LOST’s 11.656 million between 9pm-10pm. Lie to Me and LOST tied in the 18-49 rating for that hour, with a 5.2 rating.

But included in that mix are three minutes of American Idol (which averaged 25.43 million between 8p-9pm) and the news isn’t all great for FOX. Lie to Me averaged 14.996 million and a 5.9 rating among 18-49 year olds between 9p-9:30p, but only 11.379 and a 4.5 between 9:30p-10p (LOST actually beat it in the second half hour).
- source tvbythenumbers.com
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

My head is ready to explode, Alex:
I think the old lady at the end of the episode is Daniel's mother, I also think she is Penny Widmore. I think Daniel is Desmond's son and that mother and son have been searching for the secrets of time travel and the island in order to save Desmond. The previews for the season show Penny in labour. Desmond is Daniel's constant. Farraday sounds a lot like 'for a day' which could refer to bouncing through time. The old lady spoke with Desmond about making the right choices previously. She was ensuring her son's future?

ps: I agree with Jen#3, bring back Steamy Keamy!! A back story on him would be nice!!

Posted by: Jen#4 | January 22, 2009 01:50 PM
WOW! Sounds logical (????)

I wasn't real crazy about last night's ratings, but time will tell.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Jen #3 is right - poor character development with Keamy the mercenary. Carol and the gang did a much better job with John Goetz on Jericho. Perhaps we will find out more about Keamy in future episodes.

So much to talk about with this show - so many questions - it is almost enough to make my head explode as well.

This is a pretty complicated show, it is almost complicated to a flaw, almost. I think for a serialized drama of this caliber getting more then 11 million viewers is good. Considering that many of the highest rated shows require an IQ no higher then that of a fish, I find it refreshing that it gets as many viewers as it does.
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!!! Was this great, or what?

Reading the previews, I was expecting to be confused, but now have clarity....

Charlotte "Charley" IS the child of Desmond/Penny.

Starting to "understand" this time-travel theme more, and digging it.

Wasn't going to even watch last weeks' repeat, but when I saw that they had the "pop-up" narrative, couldn't turn away.

Wowie Zowie.:)
Admin

Post by Admin »

NoNoNanette wrote:Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!!! Was this great, or what?
I'm hooked.
Charlotte "Charley" IS the child of Desmond/Penny.
:confused: Did the delivering doctor not say "It's a boy!"? My take was they named their child after Charlie Pace.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Admin wrote:I'm hooked.

:confused: Did the delivering doctor not say "It's a boy!"? My take was they named their child after Charlie Pace.
Ah hah, boss- the plot thickens!

I recall the "boy" reference, but later heard "Charlie" and ASSumed.....

Jeez, I'm loving this! :)
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Oooooh, ooooooh- That child is a time traveling sex changer. ;)

(Which wouldn't be TOO far out for "Lost")