Crawfish Patrick

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

With special thanks to ambrosia who sent me this from the TP shortly after Katrina.

It's incredibly EASY.... and absolutely wonderful. When we evacuated for Gustav, I had some in the freezer, and brought them to expat's home in Vicksburg. Her mother had brought some turkey/andouille gumbo, and we combined the two..... oh lordy... we're still talking about how wonderful that gumbo was. :)

CRAWFISH PATRICK FOUND: "I lost all of my recipes in the post-Katrina flood. Can you locate the recipe for crawfish Patrick?," writes K.C. of Algiers.
Two years ago, Exchange Alley was concentrating on your most spattered recipes, proven to be the ones you made most often by all the drips and stains on them.

This one was sent in by D.D. of Goodbee, who said it was incredibly easy to make and "one of my most requested meals when out-of-town relatives come to visit." It doubles and even quadruples easily for a crowd, too.

Crawfish Patrick

1 stick real butter

1 chopped onion

2 stalks chopped celery

2 tablespoons flour

Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, to taste

1/8 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet

1 pound crawfish tails

¾ cup canned chicken broth

2 or 3 chopped green onions

Cooked rice or pasta

Cook onion and celery in melted butter about 10 minutes or so on medium heat. Slowly and thoroughly stir in flour with a wire whisk. Stir in Creole seasoning and Kitchen Bouquet. Add crawfish tails and broth. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Stir often, as it tends to stick at this point. Turn off heat and add green onions. Serve over rice or pasta.

PS... I add garlic when I make it, and substitute cayenne for the Tony's. (Tony's has too much salt for me).
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....