White Balsamic Vinegar

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
Schuarta

White Balsamic Vinegar

Post by Schuarta »

I am a vinegar "buff". In our pantry we have white, cider, wine, Japanese (flavored), Chinese (red), and balsamic to name a few. I even like to sip the juice from pickle jars.

I have just come across a 500 ml bottle of White Balsamic Vinegar from Modena, Italy. Very tasty with a lighter and sweeter flavor than the "regular" dark Balsamic variety. Good on home made salads with olive oil.

Has anyone else come across this variety? What dishes do you especially like it on?
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
NoNoNanette

Re: White Balsamic Vinegar

Post by NoNoNanette »

Can't answer your question, my friend..... BUT.....

I grew up drinking pickle and pepperoncini juice!!!! (As well as sauerkraut juice)... Claussen has some good sh*t! ;)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
The Vixen

Post by The Vixen »

I've gotten one for years now made by Alessi. I especially like adding a few dribbles to chicken and pork gravies. I adds a little something that sparks it.
The Vixen
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Love love love white balsamic vinegar. I use it on salads and vegetables mostly. I like it better than the dark at times.
Now this is more like it.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

I used to buy it all the time. I prefer dark balsamic, but white has it's place.
Salads sometimes for a change, a swirl in a bean soup, over cooked greens to name a few. Haven't bought it since preK. My kitchen hasn't quite recovered to preK status. Yet.

I never really considered myself a vinegar buff, but looking back, I definitely could have. It's a beautiful thing to have a variety of vinegars from which to choose.
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

I add a tiny bit of champagne vinegar to red balsamic for dressing a salad to cut the sweetness.
kimmiethebeadwench

Post by kimmiethebeadwench »

I'm a huge fan of White balsamic. I use it in salsas and cold soups. Makes a great salad dressing. I have yet to reduce it. ( next project).
Fun stuff.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

kimmiethebeadwench wrote:I'm a huge fan of White balsamic. I use it in salsas and cold soups. Makes a great salad dressing. I have yet to reduce it. ( next project).
Fun stuff.
Kimmie! thanks! I forgot about putting in salsa, which I really loved!
Which cold soups besides gazpacho which it is perfect for!

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

What brands of White Balsamic do you like?
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

I usually just buy the Alessi, too. Used it last night on a salad of just chopped garden fresh cucumber, tomato and sweet onion. Made a simple vinaigrette of it with EVOO, a pinch of salt and white pepper.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
Pas Bon

Post by Pas Bon »

When grilling fish, I'll sometimes use equal parts melted butter and wbv as a basting sauce.