Boneless Chicken Breasts

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
JudiB

Boneless Chicken Breasts

Post by JudiB »

I enjoyed Jerry's thread on pork loins so much I thought I'd start one on chicken breasts. I'm always looking for something new to do to them, and they are supposed to be healthy. (sigh)

Not too long ago, JAG suggested a marinade of EVOO, crushed garlic, lemon juice and Greek seasonings. Cut them in cubes, and skewer them alternating mushrooms, peppers and onions. That's so good. Undercook it just a smidge and they stay moist and flavorful.

One favorite of mine is piccatta with artichoke hearts. I pound them, dust them in seasoned flour with lemon zest, brown them in EVOO, add chicken stock, artichoke hearts, capers and the juice of one lemon. Serve over pasta. That's very easy and quick.

Any other suggestions?
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Oyster

Re: Boneless Chicken Breasts

Post by Oyster »

My fav, and it is very quick and easy, is Chicken Lazone, a dish created at Brennan's years ago by Lazone Randolph, current Executive Chef following Chef Mike Rouselle. Note the very short cook time, which as you mention keeps the meat very moist. The combination of Chili Powder and Cream rakes a great sauce! It is quick and easy!

Ingredients
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions
1) Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
2) In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
3)Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
4)Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
5)When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with sauce.

Link to some pics and Recipeczar:
http://www.recipezaar.com/Chicken-Lazone-65768
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Chicken Delmonico is one of my favorites, I think I'll actually make it tonight! It's not a particularly quick recipe (or healthy!) but it's very good.

Ingredients
4 (6 to 7-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk to make an egg wash
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup minced yellow onions
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3/4 pound assorted exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, and black trumpets, stemmed, wiped clean, and sliced (about 4 cups)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock, or canned, low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 can marinated artichoke hearts
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.

Season each chicken breast half with 1/2 teaspoon of the Essence and set aside.

Combine 1/2 cup of the flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Essence in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the remaining tablespoon Essence. Put the egg wash in a third bowl.

Dredge the chicken first in the flour, shaking to remove any excess, then in the egg wash, letting any excess drip off, and then in the bread crumbs.

Heat the oil and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches and cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet and roast until cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large clean skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and they give off their liquid, about 4 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and stir. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons flour, stir to incorporate, and cook until the mixture is thick, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, stir well to incorporate, and simmer until the mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until the mixture is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Add the sliced artichoke hearts and lemon juice and stir to incorporate. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon butter, the green onions, and parsley. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.

To serve, place 1 chicken breast in the center of each of four large plates and top each with an equal portion of the sauce. Serve immediately.
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

I like to pound them thin then season & layer with tomato, cheese, ham - whatever, roll up and bake covered til done, about 1/2 hr at 375. If you want the slightly less healthy version, coat the outside with mayo and roll in breadcrumbs then bake.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I've been cooking them in a little olive oil and orange juice....making jasmine rice with one part chicken broth..one part orange juice...sauting asparagus and serving on the side.

hmmm sauting...sauteing...neither looks correct.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

I made my "Kickin' Chicken Salad" yesterday. Chopped breasts into large chunks, added alot of chopped celery, raisins, sunflower seeds, mayo and sour cream. Stuffed a tomato with it.

Also delicious in Avocados.
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

Last time I went to Houston my nephew took a huge chicken breast and pounded it out, laid it on top of strips of bacon, put cheese on top of the chicken (can't remember if it was mozzarella or feta), then rolled it and tied it up. He cooked it on the grill and oh man was it delicious.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Sounds ab-fab. I could eat rolled-up cardboard with bacon!!!! :)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
VaPhil

Post by VaPhil »

I like to cut a pocket and stuff them with aspargus. Season however you like, wrap in bacon and bake at 350 til done. You can also stuff with your favorite bread type stuffing.
My favorite is to pound them flat and layer them with fresh jalopeanos then roll and wrap with bacon. Hold them together with toothpicks and deepfry at 350 for 4-7 min. Drain on paper towels then slice 1/2" thick and serve with ranch for dipping.
nikinik

Post by nikinik »

This is my own recipe...but it's not healthy at all. It's called chicken florenzia.

Pound a chicken breast thin and saute in clarified butter.
Bread a big portobello cap in italian bread crumbs and bake.
On a plate put a bunch of steamed spinach.
Top it with the baked portobello cap and then the chicken breast.
Then top with smoked gouda cheese. Then top with a mixture of alfredo sauce and artichoke tapenade.
Bake until the gouda is melted.
Serve with cheese tortellini covered with the alfredo sauce.