Giada's Roasted Asparagus with Rosemary

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
JudiB

Giada's Roasted Asparagus with Rosemary

Post by JudiB »

It's too simple for words, and probably not a surprise to anyone but me, lol. I saw Giada last week, and I had some fresh asparagus in the fridge.

Line a jellyroll pan with aluminum foil, then drizzle olive oil... rotate the pan until the EVOO is evenly distributed, but thin layer.... wash and clip the ends of the asparagus, then roll them in the pan, so each side is coated. Salt and pepper, and sprinkle fresh chopped rosemary.

Bake at 375 for ten minutes.

Giada let them cool a bit, then rolled them in smoked salmon. I'll bet that was delicious. I didn't have that of course, but we really enjoyed the roasted a's as a side dish.
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
kcdixiecat

Re: Giada's Roasted Asparagus with Rosemary

Post by kcdixiecat »

I do this a lot....but I usually grate some fresh parmesan and nutmeg on after it's finished in the oven. Asparagus is also good..just kind of chop it up..bite sized pieces..saute in butter...salt and pepper. We like it crisp.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

I finally hit a good asparagus sale last week. Bought three bunches. I'm very adventurous, so Saturday morning tried something new:

Fry five rashers (slices) of bacon. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.

1 lb asparagus, washed and cut into 2" pieces. Fry in bacon fat for about 5 min.

Drain on paper towel, move to plate, drisle with lemon juice and/or balsamic vinigar. S & P to taste.

Serve with the bacon and fried eggs.

I liked it! :laughup:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

We have a tradition here..... On Easter Sunday morning, I make creamed hard-boiled eggs and asparagus... served over English Muffins. (Parboil your asparagus)

Had a really nice Asparagus garden here, but let it get run over by weeds...

Art- ANYTHING is good in bacon grease! :D
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

NoNoNanette wrote:We have a tradition here..... On Easter Sunday morning, I make creamed hard-boiled eggs and asparagus... served over English Muffins. (Parboil your asparagus)

Had a really nice Asparagus garden here, but let it get run over by weeds...

Art- ANYTHING is good in bacon grease! :D
Are those boiled eggs all splotchy with different colors of Easter egg dye? My mom always did that with our Easter eggs when we were kids...that and deviled eggs..potato salad..etc. You could always see the remnants of the color on the whites of the eggs!
Anagrey

Post by Anagrey »

We love asparagus and cook it just the way you described the way Giada cooks her asparagus. I use a stoneware baking pan and because it retains heat I take the asparagus out of the pan as soon as it comes out of the oven so it stays crisp, and don't bake a minute longer than 10 minutes. So good.