Pork Loin: What Else To Do With It???

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
jodyrah

Re: Pork Loin: What Else To Do With It???

Post by jodyrah »

Make Emeril's tamarind glazed pc with mole cream. The flavor combination is outstanding, recipe is easy. I made this the other night sub. thick cut boneless loin chops, 1 1/4". I seasoned and grilled the chops, thickly brushing on the glaze the last couple minutes. We prefer spicy food so I added a nasty little hot pepper when reducing the mole cream. I also strained the cream. Anyway, the recipe is on emerils.com. Search tamarind glazed pc. There were only 2 of us so I cut the mole in 1/2 and still had enough of the base to freeze for a couple more meals. This is not a chocolate mole. It's made with pistachios, pumpkin seeds, roasted pine nuts and roasted poblano peppers.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

jodyrah wrote:Make Emeril's tamarind glazed pc with mole cream. The flavor combination is outstanding, recipe is easy. I made this the other night sub. thick cut boneless loin chops, 1 1/4". I seasoned and grilled the chops, thickly brushing on the glaze the last couple minutes. We prefer spicy food so I added a nasty little hot pepper when reducing the mole cream. I also strained the cream. Anyway, the recipe is on emerils.com. Search tamarind glazed pc. There were only 2 of us so I cut the mole in 1/2 and still had enough of the base to freeze for a couple more meals. This is not a chocolate mole. It's made with pistachios, pumpkin seeds, roasted pine nuts and roasted poblano peppers.
pistachios are a deadly killer!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090331/ap_ ... pistachios

sounds good for when they're back in favor.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

edible complex wrote:pistachios are a deadly killer!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090331/ap_ ... pistachios

sounds good for when they're back in favor.
I had a bag of shelled ones in my pantry. Made the mole. A couple days later the samonella story breaks. We're feeling fine so I guess we lucked out.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

On New Years Day, I do a pork loin with sauerkraut..... I don't think that you can go wrong with that combo. (grew up on it) :)

**edited to add: serve with applesauce or baked apples and mashed potatoes. Dinner is served.
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."