Lost Restaurants

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
JonSmith

Lost Restaurants

Post by JonSmith »

b2's post in The Lounge got me thinking about threads that were lost on the old board, one of my favorites being "Lost Restaurants"

Though it wasn't the height of culinary greatness, I really miss Monroe's, if for no other reason that was my "go to" place when I started taking girls out in high school. My memories are of decent steaks and great desserts, and, if you were dressed right, you could get into the bar at Flagon's. My parents took me out a lit as a kid so I knew how to order wine and sound like I knew what I was doing, and if the planets were in line the bartender at Flagon's wouldn't ask for my ID. THAT was a great night, take a date to Monroe's AND look like a hot-shot ordering wine.....ahh the memories.
justagirl

Re: Lost Restaurants

Post by justagirl »

It's no secret I miss Marisol.

I actually miss Kelsey's too. When they were good, it was great. I loved their brunches too...nothing like bottomless Champagne when you are hung over. lol

I regret I didn't get to Christian's before the storm.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

I miss Christian's. I had many nice dinners there with loved ones and friends and have some wonderful memories especially around the Christmas season. Going further back, there was the Red Room, the old Eiffel Tower restaurant, after it was turned into a supper club with dancing. Sumptuous red décor and a live band, I always felt like I was transported back to the 40’s, it was very campy and fun... And to go even further back, Jonathan’s – the food was fantastic and the art deco décor was a joy to behold.

All this makes me sigh a little…

Jen
jshushan

Post by jshushan »

I agree about Christians. I also miss Marisol. I also wish we had the old original Camelia Grill back. The new one isn't as good.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill