Chef Pete's back!

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
LauraMc

Chef Pete's back!

Post by LauraMc »

Just saw an e-mail in my box that says Pete is at Mimi's in River Ridge. This is one of the few places I can get my husband to without bribery or whining. Can't wait to go check out the new dishes.
willifred

Re: Chef Pete's back!

Post by willifred »

This is fantastic!!!! Haven't been there in years....great reason to revisit a place I used to go quite a bit.
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Run, don't walk, to Mimi's!

I'll give more details later, but can attest for the duck breast & the lamb breast entrees, Cuban flan, calamari app + so much more.
We were all extremely happy & if I could, I'd go back tonight!

As a matter of fact, spoke to a gentleman on the walkway who had just come out & asked him what he had. He'd never had Chef Pete's food before.

Ha ha, he told me what he had that night and then said, "Well, and yesterday I had blah, blah, blah. Forgive me, I don't remember - but I just remember the huge smile on his face that told all.

Go!!! Don't wait!
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

Finally made it to Mimi's tonight. Hubby had a salad and one of the specials, drum with potatoes and green beans. He said it was good. I got the Carne Crude app described on the menu as Italian Steak Tartare, hand cut and combined with Capers, Shallots, Anchovy, Olive Oil, Crushed Chile, Crostini, and Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano. It was wonderful! It was presented on a rectangle plates with 3 crostini piled high with the steak tartare. I tasted all the ingredients described except the anchovy. I'm one of those people who really like anchovies so it was probably in there. I'm sure it was there and if the put as much as I wanted, the salt would have overtaken the dish. I thought maybe it was the little black dots with the olive oil surrounding the crostini but I couldn't figure it out. I'll have to have it again. For my entree, I got the duck liver tortellini with caramelized onions and a wine sauce. It was to die for.
The amuse bouche was a truffle chicken salad stuffed in a cherry pepper. I could have eaten a plate full of those.
Had no room for dessert after the fab dinner but noticed they had a satsuma creme brulee.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Glad you made it to Mimi's, Laura.
I'd never been before, but have been again since visit #1
and have #3 & 4 planned.
I think you know how happy I am that Chef Pete is back in town & cooking away!
paz5559

Post by paz5559 »

Both the satsuma crème brulée and his key lime pie are revelations
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose