Peanuts...

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Jerry

Peanuts...

Post by Jerry »

I bought a jar of dry roasted peanuts for snacking at work.

After eating some I notice, in small print near the bottom: "Warning-May Contain Peanuts"

I look in the jar and see only peanuts...:eek:

What's next?
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net
paz5559

Re: Peanuts...

Post by paz5559 »

It MAY ... ???
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

I'm sure someone probably sued them that prompted them to put it on the label. Like McDonalds now having to put on their coffee cups that contents are hot. :eek:
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

wonder what is on a jar of cashews?:D
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

cstoehr wrote:wonder what is on a jar of cashews?:D
The same peanut warning probably, since they were more than likely packed in a plant that also processes peanuts. It's the peanut allergy police at work.

We get this every few months at the airline. Usually it is some very loving, helicopter parent with a child that has peanut allergies. They are very demanding that we declare the cabin to be a "peanut-free" zone so their child doesn't have a reaction. In fact, some airlines have bowed to the wishes of this minority and no longer serve peanuts on their flights.
In June, we denied boarding to a mother and her child since there was no way we could guarantee the kid wouldn't come down with a reaction. Some of those with allergies say that if they even inhale peanut dust they will have a reaction. While the aircraft cabins are relatively clean, they are by no means sterile. Even if we didn't serve peanuts on that particular flight, there is no way to sanitize the cabin of peanut remnants.

I appreciate how awful the reaction can be, even deadly, but why would you expose someone with this type of allergy to an environment that is known to have had peanuts within it? Especially at 40,000 feet where medical emergencies don't often have very good outcomes?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

paz5559 wrote:It MAY ... ???
I checked the label again and it states "Allerghen notice: Contains Peanuts - MAY contain... a list of most common nuts sold)....
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net