Baton Rouge Galatoire's moving?

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Gourmondo

Baton Rouge Galatoire's moving?

Post by Gourmondo »

Catching up on the news after a week in Maine/Quebec and my brother in BR tells me that the Galatoire's Bistro there is moving to the Towne Center development at Corporate/Old Hammond where the Champs sports bar used to be. Can anyone confirm this? Couldn't find anything online in my brief search. Also said there was a change of ownership but wasn't clear on that. Does he mean the big 2009 change that involved the NOLA Galatoire's as well or has something newer happened? At any rate, I would think they would do gangbusters at that location compared to the existing Perkins Rd. location which was distant from a lot of their demographic.
Oyster

Re: Baton Rouge Galatoire's moving?

Post by Oyster »

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Such a better location! The Perkins spot was in the freakin' boonies! Hammond HiWay/Jefferson HiWay/Corporate Drive is so much closer to what's going on in B. R. I hope the menu doesn't suffer.

I wish the Fairway Club would come back!
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

I never got that site selection either. I understand that CC of La. is out there and some affluent zip codes, but it was in East Jesus as far as the leg types and downtown dealmakers were concerned. Towne Center is much more central and also near the Old Metairie-like Jeff. Place/Bocage neighborhood.