Ramsay To Bring "Nightmares" to N.O.

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Low-N-Slow

Ramsay To Bring "Nightmares" to N.O.

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Today's T-P reports that Chef Gordon Ramsay will bring his "Kitchen Nightmares" to New Orleans. Bearing in mind that the show isn't focused on exposing shoddy business practices, but rather helping a restaurant that knows it needs and actually wants a turnaround, are there any establishments you can think of that could benefit from, or that you would like to see helped by his brand of tough love?

The article specifies minimum requirements (open at least a year, dinner service, 35 seats) and gives contact info for submissions of nominations or applications.

323-251-4079
KitchenNightmaresCasting_at_yahoo.com
http://www.theconlincompany.com
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
Rex Spook

Re: Ramsay To Bring "Nightmares" to N.O.

Post by Rex Spook »

Zekes needs help
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

Charlie's in Harahan would be a good one. I was really excited when they announced it was opening and planned to be like it was years ago. I like the food but I'd love just a plain old neighborhood like it used to be where you could get boiled seafood or a seafood plate. My husband says the menu isn't big enough. I know when they opened they said it would grow but it doesn't seem to have changed. And do they even have boiled seafood?
When I first moved here, we would go to Alonzo's on Central and after they closed, we changed to Charlie's but you had to get there before 6:30 or there was no where to park or sit.
I realize the old Charlie's and Alonzo's were filthy dirty but the service and the food was great and you ran into all your neighbors.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Did Catch close too early?
BTG

Post by BTG »

Would love to know what he would do with Antoines, Andreas, and Chads Bistro.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

Does Ramsey also extend his services to turning around radio shows? Now that would be entertaining!!
ratcheese

Post by ratcheese »

Except for the original Brennan's and Commander's Palace, he could do a wholesale drive-by on the entire Brennan Chain imo--make it a two hour Ramsay/Brennnan extravaganza...
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Coop's? :o
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Low-N-Slow wrote: are there any establishments you can think of that could benefit from, or that you would like to see helped by his brand of tough love?
benefit? I know it is said that there is no such thing as bad press, but being exposed like that would steer me clear of the place. I've only seen maybe 5 mins of one of those shows, but I don't think I'd go to an establishment that was "helped".
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

The (lack of) cleanliness of the places shown on his show, particularly the walk in coolers, is just plain scarey! :eek:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."