Turbodog Re: SOS Beer

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
jimbeaux

Re: Turbodog Re: SOS Beer

Post by jimbeaux »

Just grabbed an SOS from Rouses on Carrollton, $3.99. Sipping it while I "work from home." Very nice. It does not have the bite of some of the Abita beers but has a nice mellow nuttiness. Fills a good niche in their line up. I'll be getting some more.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

I have two bottles waiting for me at home (after I sweat cutting the grass). Does anyone know what the abv is of this beer? Turbodog said it was a "Big Beer." Their other "Big Beers" are at 8%.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Admin

Post by Admin »

Website says 7%.
jimbeaux

Post by jimbeaux »

Bottle I am drinkin says 7%.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

I'm not beer aficionado but here's my take.

I think Jimbeaux is right on with his description. I found it be a very smooth pils. Nicee small bubbles remind me of some of the Euro beers. I poured it into a tall, chilled stein. It was probably too cold for the flavors to open up but since I had just cut my grass I was looking for a "cold one." My next one will be taken from the fridge and poured into a room temp stein.

I definitely enjoyed it and like that one 22 oz. beer at 7% abv takes the edge off of a tough week. I will continue to buy them while they are available.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
buzd

Post by buzd »

I had two yesterday. I found them quite delicious. I've never had such a hoppy pilsner - in fact, if I hadn't been told it is a pilsner, I would have argued otherwise. Still, one of Abita's best efforts to date, IMO.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I still haven't tried it (although I did have quite a few Jockamo IPA's and Restoration Ale's last night. I think this beer will be arund for a while. Maybe permanent (as the Restoration Ale became). I have heard nothing but good.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Turbodog wrote:I still haven't tried it (although I did have quite a few Jockamo IPA's and Restoration Ale's last night. I think this beer will be arund for a while. Maybe permanent (as the Restoration Ale became). I have heard nothing but good.
Haven't had a chance to sample it either, but my time is coming soon! If it's as good as Restoration Ale we hope it stays around for a good long while.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
DivaKitty

Post by DivaKitty »

Tasted some my husband brought home. Nice and crisp. Just don't over it, my husband had a whopper hangover the next day after having "a few." Mind you the bottle is huge.:toast: