Mondo

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
expatorleanian

Re: Mondo

Post by expatorleanian »

and said that they wouldn't seat a party of 10. so you can only get a reservation for 6 to 8. We've tried to go twice, once they had PLENTY of empty tables and nobody waiting at about 6:45, but refused to put any tables together for our large party. The other time, at 6:30, there was an hour wait for a party of 4. We went elsewhere both times. They're probably boosting the business at other Lakeview area restaurants.
buzd

Post by buzd »

expatorleanian wrote:and said that they wouldn't seat a party of 10. so you can only get a reservation for 6 to 8. We've tried to go twice, once they had PLENTY of empty tables and nobody waiting at about 6:45, but refused to put any tables together for our large party. The other time, at 6:30, there was an hour wait for a party of 4. We went elsewhere both times. They're probably boosting the business at other Lakeview area restaurants.
They're definitely boosting the business of the Steak Knife, from what I understand. Dumb that they can't serve 10. I've seen parties that big in the bar.
actualchef

Post by actualchef »

the menu is all over the place because it is based on the idea of serving global cuisine, hence the name mondo, which means "world" it's always good to know where you are going prior to writing about it on the internet

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

also, restaurants have limited seating so just because they can reserve a 6-8 person party doesnt mean they can just shuffle tables together to seat you, that could ruin other peoples reservations, the things that people find to complain about, jeesh
expatorleanian

Post by expatorleanian »

actualchef wrote:the menu is all over the place because it is based on the idea of serving global cuisine, hence the name mondo, which means "world" it's always good to know where you are going prior to writing about it on the internet

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

also, restaurants have limited seating so just because they can reserve a 6-8 person party doesnt mean they can just shuffle tables together to seat you, that could ruin other peoples reservations, the things that people find to complain about, jeesh
Sure, it's strictly up the restaurant owner whether they want to take reservations, move tables, etc. I didn't mean to be complaining, I was just trying to be helpful by sharing what happened to us for others' information. We called to try to make a reservation, were told that there were no reservations available, they only take limited reservations, bla bla bla, but come anyway and if we got there early enough, it wouldn't be a problem. We got there early, when only a very few tables were seated, and the only suggestion was that we sit in the bar and push some of those tables together. Unfortunately, one of our party is in a wheelchair, and the bar tables are high, so that didn't work for us. So we had a great meal elsewhere. Jeesh, the way people take things on here, it almost makes one not want to participate. Kinda like another board.
ratcheese

Post by ratcheese »

expatorleanian wrote:Jeesh, the way people take things on here, it almost makes one not want to participate. Kinda like another board.
I'm sure you've noticed how many more people read the threads, than actually post on any forum, so apparently you are not alone in your perception.

Brief interpersonal thoughts shared on the internet without the benefit of physical interaction, is tricky business. Sometimes I feel like every sentence should end with a :) or IMHO instead of a period. As sure as you fail to include a smiley face or some other form of deferment, your statement is apt to be taken more seriously than you intended.

Most insensitive statements are the unintended result of brevity and nothing more.

Some posters, however, are predisposed toward making dismissive and even rude statements directed at others--and that should not be tolerated imo.

I enjoy your input, for what its worth. :)