Domenica

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
bam bam

Domenica

Post by bam bam »

Wild mushrooms, bacon, fontina and a yard egg pizza. Holy sh-t. Best pizza I have ever had.
Turbodog

Re: Domenica

Post by Turbodog »

Wow, that does sound good.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

My four days are consisting of a Mano, Domenica, a Mano, Domenica. Life is tough but it doesn't suck.

My new goal in life is to try all the pizzas at Domenica.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Today I tried the 'meat lovers' pizza at Domenica. It was smokey, salty, and complex with flavor. Loved it.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Admin

Post by Admin »

What was on it?
hungryone

Post by hungryone »

Try the minted lamb meatball pizza w/ricotta: absolutely great.
sirvelvet

Post by sirvelvet »

hungryone wrote:Try the minted lamb meatball pizza w/ricotta: absolutely great.
I tried it last Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only one comment, since I am a pick up the slice and eat it kind of person, the meatballs wanted to roll off. I think maybe the meatballs could be flattened a bit to prevent rolling. Otherwise a great pizza and a great looking place.
crrush

Post by crrush »

Had the Affetati Misti board two nights ago. Chef’s pick of salumi, cheeses and side snibblies like olives, mostarda, mortadella pate, fig cake, etc. Four or five cheeses, all of the salumi (except prosciutto) made in-house, and a mouth-circus of flavor combos with the sweet, hot, sour, salty accoutrement.

As much as I love those buttery, flaky fried dough pillows, I think they're overkill--way too rich--to go along with the cheese/meat boards. I'd rather slices of grilled Italian or French bread. I thought about asking for different bread...anyone know if that's an option?
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

crrush wrote:Chef’s pick of salumi, cheeses and side snibblies like olives, mostarda, mortadella pate, fig cake, etc.
I can get "toothesome", but snibblies?

Ummm....
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
hungryone

Post by hungryone »

sirvelvet wrote:I tried it last Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only one comment, since I am a pick up the slice and eat it kind of person, the meatballs wanted to roll off. I think maybe the meatballs could be flattened a bit to prevent rolling. Otherwise a great pizza and a great looking place.
Make like the Italians and use a knife and fork....keeps your fingers clean.