Garden Photos?

Don't Be Contrary, Mary. Tell Us About Your Garden.
Isabella Maja

Garden Photos?

Post by Isabella Maja »

How about some photos of your gardens.
I have a huge yard & could really use some inspiration.
Jerry

Re: Garden Photos?

Post by Jerry »

See my last papaya post...
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Isabella Maja wrote:How about some photos of your gardens.
I have a huge yard & could really use some inspiration.

Here's our front yard (garden). The "mowing" is the most time consuming. :o

Underground (undersand) "drip" required at each plant. ;)

(Darn sun went behind cloud just when I walked out with the camera!)
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Art, I'd feel like a magnolia on Mars in that yard.

Amphibious creature that I am, I would not last very long in your neck of the woods.

But as desert gardens go, it's a nice one! ;-)
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Isabella, no one else was sending you their pictures. I thought I'd reply and give you something. Next week I'l send the other side of my driveway.

(Anyway, it is low maintence.)
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

I've enjoyed these raised garden beds. They are easy to maintain, you don't have to worry about critters getting into them so much and it is much easier on your back. I have all herbs in the right one and eggplants and a variety of peppers in the one on the left. These are right off my back/kitchen door for easy access.

[ATTACH]108[/ATTACH]

I wanted a water feature in the yard, so my sweet hubby worked most of the spring of last year on this pond. (truth be told - he got a little carried away with the back hoe - it is big - LOL) Almost a year later, I have just about got my landscaping in place to soften the edges. It is very tranquil and I love the sound of running water all day.

[ATTACH]109[/ATTACH]

click on the images to enlarge....

Isabella - I hope these are helpful to you...

Jen
Attachments
Pond.jpg
Raised Beds.jpg
Never for money
Always for love ,Cover up & say goodnight
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Schuarta wrote:Isabella, no one else was sending you their pictures. I thought I'd reply and give you something. Next week I'l send the other side of my driveway.

(Anyway, it is low maintence.)
Awe, Art, I wasn't complaining! Just saying living in your land I would probably incinerate. It just amazes me that you can adapt to such a climate.

Tell me, how is it when you visit New Orleans? Does the humidity bother you?
I can't live without it!

Looking forward to more pics without snow!

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Great Danish wrote:I've enjoyed these raised garden beds. They are easy to maintain, you don't have to worry about critters getting into them so much and it is much easier on your back. I have all herbs in the right one and eggplants and a variety of peppers in the one on the left. These are right off my back/kitchen door for easy access.

[ATTACH]108[/ATTACH]

I wanted a water feature in the yard, so my sweet hubby worked most of the spring of last year on this pond. (truth be told - he got a little carried away with the back hoe - it is big - LOL) Almost a year later, I have just about got my landscaping in place to soften the edges. It is very tranquil and I love the sound of running water all day.

[ATTACH]109[/ATTACH]

click on the images to enlarge....

Isabella - I hope these are helpful to you...

Jen
Jen, you have made the garden I want for herbs, eggplants, peppers & such!
Exactly what I want! OMG! Look at that lake! Beautiful! You are one lucky lady!

So, how did you build these raised gardens? I really need to know!
Thanks!
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

OMG, Art! I kinda like that layout! I didn't even think about your irrigation system! You should see the one I have to manage on a huge St. Charles Avenue estate. Computerized, complex and constantly needing fixits!

I'll see if I can interest Mrs. Fury in posting how her garden grows. I understand she's even growing some kinda wierd caterpillars that turn into swallow tailed butterflies! :)
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

Isabella, my husband built these about a year ago. He used landscape timbers, which he notched on the ends so they would fit together snuggly. It took most of a whole bundle from Home Depot for our 3 beds (one was not in the shot). They are 8 feet long- so you can cut some in half and make the garden 8' by 4' and stack them as high as you like. He drilled round holes through each end of each timber – once they were stacked together he ran a piece of rebar through each corner to secure them well. We used plain old dirt to fill the bottom half, it takes quite a bit, you could use cinderblocks or anything to fill it up until you have about a foot left for the garden soil. I would recommend lining the sides with plastic (trash bags) for a couple of reasons. One to protect the wood from the damp soil and secondly to keep what ever they treat the wood with from leaching back into your garden soil. You can get a 5/8th's wood bit and 1/2" rebar (which cuts easily with a hack saw) pre-cut to various lengths at Home Depot or Lowe’s. One other tip – measure to make sure you have room to run your mower between the beds before you put them in place. I bet you will enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jen
Never for money
Always for love ,Cover up & say goodnight
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Thanks Jen! I really appreciate your tips!