Potted Herbs

Don't Be Contrary, Mary. Tell Us About Your Garden.
Low-N-Slow

Potted Herbs

Post by Low-N-Slow »

I checked out Sunken Gardens on Canal Blvd. (at Homedale, near the RR underpass) after lunch at Lakeview Brew on Sat. A relatively small, though very well-kept looking operation, but I don't know why it's called sunken when you have to drive up a ramp to park. They had a small but high quality selection of herbs in 4" pots for only $2 each. I grabbed some Italian parsley, basil, true spearmint, and mother of thyme.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
praline

Re: Potted Herbs

Post by praline »

Never heard of Sunken Gardens. I'll have to check it out. It may be so named as Canal Street was famous for it's sunken gardens on the neutral ground long ago. I have several herbs growing but my tarragon is looking terrible! If I need another I'll go check this operation out. I planted my spearmint in a separate pot from the rest of my herbs. It tends to grow wildly and I use it lots to make mint simple syrup for mint juleps and iced tea.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Didn't see any tarragon. The selection was somewhat limited, but what they had was quality stuff, with the exception of the chives. Was told they get new stuff in weekly, so...
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
praline

Post by praline »

Hey, thanks again. I'll get over there soon. I've been wanting to check out the art place that is in the old K&B building closer to City Park Avenue.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

We noticed that, too, on the way home. If it turns out to be anything interesting, please report back.