Zephyrs Baseball

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
justagirl

Zephyrs Baseball

Post by justagirl »

I've never attended a Zephyrs game...are the fireworks worth it?

I agree, I like this set up much better...despite bam bam's segregation issues. lol
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bam bam

Re: Zephyrs Baseball

Post by bam bam »

justagirl wrote:I've never attended a Zephyrs game...are the fireworks worth it?

I agree, I like this set up much better...despite bam bam's segregation issues. lol

If you like baseball and beer, go during the week when no one is there. Fireworks Friday is a lesson best left unlearned.
BTG

Post by BTG »

justagirl wrote:I've never attended a Zephyrs game...are the fireworks worth it?

JAG, the fireworks are great. Go check it out one Friday night, just don't plan to get to the game until around the 5th inning or so. On some of the Fridays I think they have bands on the field afterwards.
I like baseball enough, but the minor league game gets kind of boring.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

BTG, thanks for joining us over here! (you probably joined before you got my email..ah...just ignore it i guess..)

The only minor league game I've been to is at Memphis Redbirds when they played the Zephyrs. I just happened to be walking by the stadium...so I went in. It was fun...but I'm sure a different crowd than here...
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Reno is getting AAA Baseball! Check out the construction CAM.

http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx?page=1532

AAA Baseball is Coming to Reno
Written by Erik Flippo
It's the biggest thing to happen to downtown Reno since Bill Harrah opened his bingo parlor. On September 21, 2007, the Reno City Council inked a complicated $81 million deal with developers SK Baseball and Nevada Land LLC to build a 10,000-seat AAA baseball stadium and move the Pacific Coast League's Tucson Sidewinders to Northern Nevada in 2009 (or possibly 2010).
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
stephenc

Re: Zephyr's Baseball

Post by stephenc »

Yes,they are.If you don't really care about the game itself go after the 5th inning when they stop taking tickets and just see the show.
buzd

Post by buzd »

BTG wrote:JAG, the fireworks are great. Go check it out one Friday night, just don't plan to get to the game until around the 5th inning or so. On some of the Fridays I think they have bands on the field afterwards.
I like baseball enough, but the minor league game gets kind of boring.
I believe the bands are Saturdays and the fireworks are Fridays.

Thursdays, BTW, are $1 beer. It's a scam though. They're like 6 oz and you can only get two. You can be finished them by the time you're back to your seat, and the lines are long all game (because the taps can't fill the beer quickly enough). You're better off paying full price and drinking what you want.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

buzd wrote:I believe the bands are Saturdays and the fireworks are Fridays.

Thursdays, BTW, are $1 beer. It's a scam though. They're like 6 oz and you can only get two. You can be finished them by the time you're back to your seat, and the lines are long all game (because the taps can't fill the beer quickly enough). You're better off paying full price and drinking what you want.

The first Thirsty Thursday I ever I went to was in 1996 or so. And you got a 16 oz beer for a $1. Each subsequent year, the price remained the same but the beer size got smaller. When we went last year, the running joke was that it was going to be $1 beer shooters in 2008.
BTG

Post by BTG »

The best games I have had in that stadium have been when LSU has played Tulane. There is a passion in that game and lots of people who give a damn.

The only time I have cared one way or another about the Z's was when a good friend of mine was pitching for them.

With that being said, the fireworks show is pretty good.