Bye Bye Les Miles

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
Backstrap

Bye Bye Les Miles

Post by Backstrap »

After fielding the most undisciplined team in NCAA history and squeaking out a win over an undermanned NC team, he may as well order the moving van now.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
BTG

Re: Bye Bye Les Miles

Post by BTG »

He has half a season to fool a few more people. When we beat Vandy by 21 next weekend, some will think all is well.
By the time we get our ass stomped by UF, I hope the real talk about a new coach starts. 7-5.
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

Typical Big 10 Conference game plan. If you are more attuned to pro ball, think about the way Mora played the game. Play lights out and once you get a "safe" lead convert to prevent mode.
What's wrong with throwing up points regardless of the score? Of course, I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the offense can score points. They proved in the 2nd half that they cannot.
"Mr. Crowton, you should have been fired last season. Because of that oversight, LSU will lose at least 4 games this year."
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
JRO

Post by JRO »

That was just plain old UGLY last night
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

We WON the game. Les did put it in the bank. We showed nothing on offense after the 2nd quater outburst.

This team will win 8 games minimum, probably more.

Les is a great recruiter and will continue to be, unless all you great "fans" make it impossible. I wish you all would STFU. I know you all know so much about football. I love it when someone who didn't play past Jr High thinks they know more than a coach with a national championship. Yea, that makes sense.

Geeze. I am becoming less and less of an LSU fan, because of the "fans". Those two national titles really ruined LSU fans. Really. I only went to 2 games last year (I am a long time season ticket holder, who went to my first game at 6 and pretty much all home games after that until the last year or two). I would say I have probably been to more home games than most anyone in my age group. But, I'm pretty much done listneing to dumbasses complain about the coaches all the time.

Oh yes, we could have Nick (whcih other job can I take now?) Saban as our coach. He lost to UAB, ULM and was embarressed by Utah. Les's only losses at LSU are in conference.
Shep

Post by Shep »

Jefferson looked no further along than he did last year. They took away what he had working in the 1st half and he nor Crowton had an answer other than hand the ball off, which actually should have worked.
Backstrap

Post by Backstrap »

Turbodog wrote:We WON the game. Les did put it in the bank. We showed nothing on offense after the 2nd quater outburst.

This team will win 8 games minimum, probably more.

Les is a great recruiter and will continue to be, unless all you great "fans" make it impossible. I wish you all would STFU. I know you all know so much about football. I love it when someone who didn't play past Jr High thinks they know more than a coach with a national championship. Yea, that makes sense.

Geeze. I am becoming less and less of an LSU fan, because of the "fans". Those two national titles really ruined LSU fans. Really. I only went to 2 games last year (I am a long time season ticket holder, who went to my first game at 6 and pretty much all home games after that until the last year or two). I would say I have probably been to more home games than most
anyone in my age group. But, I'm pretty much done listneing to dumbasses complain about the coaches all the time.

Oh yes, we could have Nick (whcih other job can I take now?) Saban as our coach. He lost to UAB, ULM and was embarressed by Utah. Les's only losses at LSU are in conference.
I guess you failed to see the horrendous clock management skills that has cost this team more than one game, as well as the atrocious coaching in bowl games.

You're pretty much through listening to common sense. That's ok, he'll still be gone one way or the other by mid-season.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
BTG

Post by BTG »

Backstrap wrote:I guess you failed to see the horrendous clock management skills that has cost this team more than one game, as well as the atrocious coaching in bowl games.

You're pretty much through listening to common sense. That's ok, he'll still be gone one way or the other by mid-season.
I sometimes think people like Turbodog just look at the W-L record for Miles and bowdown to that big national title, but somehow forgot about what we have had to see the last two years. Unprepared and undisciplined teams do not a make me happy as on LSU fan. The offensive playcalling is something right out of a bad dream.

Somehow you still have a few who show up on the message boards to put down on people who have anything bad to say about Miles. Meanwhile the national media and everyone I know around the country who are into college football just continue to shake their heads and laugh knowingly at the road LSU is headed down.

Great job by Miles if he really did just "sit" on the lead and save the "good stuff" for Vandy or other teams. We wouldn't have wanted last years 112th ranked offense to go out a put a team away and get some confidence. It is not like they don't need a little more practice learning to execute plays or anything.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Turbodog, we will just have to agree to disagree and I am not about to get into some kind of name calling thing here, especially not with you, but the whole idea that only a former player has the ability to see that something is wrong is lame.

Prove me wrong Les Miles. Please do it. If it was a one time thing, I would come away from this game still feeling somewhat positive because alot of the bad was mental mistakes(fumbles and dumb penalties), but this stuff is pretty much a hallmark of a Miles team, so I am still worried.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

IMO Les got real luck because if he really was that good we would look a hell of a lot better than we do. There is no reason a football team like LSU should look less than impressive on the field.

That said, they are still my team and I will be cheering for them week after week just like I have for the Saints.

Sure we got the W, but there's more to a team than the W-L record.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

backstrap, I will bet you $1000 that Les does not get fired this season.

You seem damned sure of your self. I am too, so let's do it. If not $1000, you name the amount. We can let a third party hold it.

If I'm so blinded, surely I DON"T know anything.

And atrocious coaching in bowl games? Other than last years game, played on a field that no one should have had to play on, our bowl game record is pretty damned good under Les.

Les will be back next year, unless he loses 5 or 6 games. And, no matter how bad you think he is, that will not happen.

You want another bet on next year?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

BTG, I respect and appreciate that you don't want to get into a name calling contest with me. I don't want that either. I don't know if I was trying to say only a player can tell if something is wrong. Maybe I wasn't clear on that. Its just that in the fan world, everyone is an expert. I did not play college ball, but I do think I have a better understanding of what is going on that the average fan. I did radio play by play and have coached youth ball. I also watch more football than most any other human being.

I think really, I am angry at what college football has become. LSU should have never run off Cholly Mac. And yes, I was part of the "help Mac pack" movement as a student. We have a fine coach. If everyone operated under the microscope that they do, no one would have a job. Really, they can't make a mistake without being called out. We could do a lot worse than Les Miles as coach. I don't like a universe in which a guy like that is "on think ice". Does that resonate at all with you (or any of you)?