Bye Bye Les Miles

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
flyinbayou

Re: Bye Bye Les Miles

Post by flyinbayou »

He's not going anywhere unless the TAF raises 8 -18 million. (The estimates of what LSU would owe if they were to fire Miles after this season.)
Wouldn't it be cheaper to come up with 900K and fire Crowton?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Turbodog wrote:We could do a lot worse than Les Miles as coach. I don't like a universe in which a guy like that is "on think ice". Does that resonate at all with you (or any of you)?
I get where you are coming from, but this just leads into another argument about what has become of the country with it being all about money and instant gratification.

This is the world we live in and Les Miles makes over $3 million a year, so he is well compensated to take the bad stuff as well as the good.
I know it is not like we are a Curly Hallman team and Les does a pretty good job of running a clean program. That is great and all, but this isn't Tulane and LSU fans should expect more. I am not sure I have ever been so frustrated watching a LSU football team than I have in the last few years. So much talent and so much potential. It just seems that the team is headed the wrong direction.
Backstrap

Post by Backstrap »

Turbodog wrote:backstrap, I will bet you $1000 that Les does not get fired this season.

You seem damned sure of your self. I am too, so let's do it. If not $1000, you name the amount. We can let a third party hold it.

If I'm so blinded, surely I DON"T know anything.

And atrocious coaching in bowl games? Other than last years game, played on a field that no one should have had to play on, our bowl game record is pretty damned good under Les.

Les will be back next year, unless he loses 5 or 6 games. And, no matter how bad you think he is, that will not happen.

You want another bet on next year?
I wouldn't bet $1 much less $1,000 because in all honesty I could care less about LSU and their coach. However, as a football fan, some things become painfully obvious. If you want to be adamant about it, fine. Keep the guy around and you'll always be one of the "maybe next year" guys. In my opinion, it just makes LSU look foolish on the field especially given the talent they have.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
Backstrap

Post by Backstrap »

Tick - Tick - Tick....
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson