The LeBron Show

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.

Will you watch the LeBron Show?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:55 pm

No
10%
No
90%

Total votes: 10

bam bam

The LeBron Show

Post by bam bam »

I really have a mixed opinion about LeBron's show on ESPN tomorrow. On one hand, I think it's awesome that all the money is going to charity and that ESPN agreed to it. On the other, how big of an ego does this guy have? I mean do we really need an hour on national tv to find out where he is going?

I am probably going to watch, and I am going to hope it's a train wreck.
Turbodog

Re: The LeBron Show

Post by Turbodog »

My opinion of LJ went down a few notches this week. If he stays in Cleveland I might forgive him. Ih he moves, I will pull against his new team.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I agree. I wouldn't even have a problem if he left Cleveland. But to do it on national tv is ridiculous.
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

i dont really have a problem with it. blue chip high school kids are on tv announcing where they are going for football every year. if lbj can raise some money and get air time for himself and the nba, why not? i wonder if this will become a trend in all pro sports. god knows espn has plenty of air time to fill. seriously, does anyone watch the herd?

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

i also wouldnt hold it against anyone who wanted out of cleveland. of all the nba cities are there any worse? okc and sacto might be close. but hell cleveland vs nyc or miami. no second thought for me.
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

#7 throw away to do list. wrote: i also wouldnt hold it against anyone who wanted out of cleveland. of all the nba cities are there any worse? okc and sacto might be close. but hell cleveland vs nyc or miami. no second thought for me.
I'll throw in Atlanta, Milwaukee, Detroit, Memphis and Golden State and sprinkle it with a little Minneapolis and New Jersey.:D
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

He's taking less money to go to the Heat. But the lack of a state income tax in Florida absolutely played a role in this. He'll probably make $7m less per year than he would from the Cavs. But he would have paid about $10m in Ohio state taxes on a max deal. So in reality, he'll make $3m more in net income by taking less.

Regardless, the show was absurd and ridiculous and I hope LeBron burns in hell.
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

i did not watch. was this any different than the numerous brett favre press confrences. the media enables these prima donnas. as far as leaving cleveland, the cavs only have themselves to blame. byron scott got himself into a bad situation. the cavs will be lucky to win 25 games.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I really think it was the biggest train wreck in the history of television. I am glad I watched.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

bam bam wrote:I really think it was the biggest train wreck in the history of television. I am glad I watched.
I had it on, so I guess you could say I watched it. It was absurd. I can't wait to pull against him. Wait til you hear what he did afterward.