OK NOLA Residents, Whatya Do?

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
Schuarta

OK NOLA Residents, Whatya Do?

Post by Schuarta »

They did it!!! :bow: :toast: :D

So there must be some great "stories" out there. What ya do last night to celebrate? Where ya go?

I opened my V.S.O.P and consumed a generous amount, staying home, dialing up various cameras around the City, and watching the NFL channel post game (@3 hours). But then I'm 1,000 miles from New Orleans.
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
justagirl

Re: OK NOLA Residents, Whatya Do?

Post by justagirl »

Got CRUNK! :whip:

Bam and I chanted WHO DAT all the way from Jackson Avenue to the Kerry Irish Pub. We high fived everyone we saw along the way, hugged strangers and consumed massive amounts of alcohol.

I still have goosebumps, I'm still in tears and I'm still smiling. This isn't going to wear off anytime soon.

I love this! I thought I was excited watching LSU win the National Championship, I thought I was excited when I met Pope John Paul II, but there is nothing like the feeling I have right now. I'm in love with New Orleans!

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Guess it's time for a new line!
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

OUCH...what a weekend. My liver is waiving the white flag and it's not a WHO DAT napkin.

Non stop since black and gold lunch at Galatoire's on Friday. We had umbrellas and an IPOD docking station on our table and paraded through the restaurant every hour or so.
We did a "stay-cation" at the Wyndham Riverfront. A lot happened in between lunch and the game but to stick to the post topic... . After spending 5 hours on Bourbon Street before the game, we landed back in our room to watch it. Our feet were killing us so going back to B.S. after the game was not an option. ...We stayed in the WD area. Ernst Cafe was insane, we went to Ruth's Chris to catch the trophy presentation and cry and hug strangers. Out to Canal Street just to "people watch"...So emotional! We ended the night at the bar in Morton's for tuna tartare and Champagne. People were still arriving downtown well past 10:30.
Good times!
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Parading in Barkus was amazing. If the Saints had paraded and then played in the game we would have won 96-0. I was so fired up, the whole crowd started singing "When The Saints Go Marching In", it was so organic and not forced. I almost lost it during the parade just reveling in how beautiful the celebration was.

After the storm, I thought Fatzo had a pretty good idea. He thought we should have had a nationally televised "We're Back" party to let the country know we haven't turned in to a modern day Atlantis.

Well, it may have been a little late, and not nearly as corporate but we had it a "We're Back" in a big muthaf-cking way last night.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

I can not wait for the parade tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who Dat!!!:toast:
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Me too! I'm heading in for the night!
------------------------------------------------------------
**ART.... you might want to check this site out, honey:

http://dailycontributor.com/watch-the-s ... eam/11553/
------------------------------------------------------------
The television coverage of our boys arriving home was TOO MUCH FUN to watch... loved it! The parade is going to be total chaos. Can't wait! :bow:
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

RouxTheDay wrote:
Non stop since black and gold lunch at Galatoire's on Friday. We had umbrellas and an IPOD docking station on our table and paraded through the restaurant every hour or so.
we were there too in our Who Dat hats! I'm sure we crossed mojos.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
JRO

Post by JRO »

FQ before game
Game, gumbo, roast beef n pitolettes at home
Ferry acros the river (wild ride)
back home at 1AM I think
tv til 3 or so
recliner til 7:30 AM
Bed til 10:30
tv til 3
Great burger at GB's on Maple
Looking forward to another day off & best parade ever on DAT Tuesday
EXHAUSTED
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

went to drink beer in the racetrac gas station parking lot across from joerobbieproplayerdolphinlandsharksunlife stadium. the area surrounding the stadium is almost as bad as oakland.
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

We stayed inside until the JoeRobbie/PlayersPark/FedExField/Landshark/SunLife stadium personnel made us leave.
Then we waded through the masses of WhoDats with a sprinkling of Dolts fans back to the 36 seat limo bus and busted open some Veuve Clicquot and whatever else we didn't drink while tailgating before the game.
The bus ride back to the hotel in Coconut Grove was a riot! Rounds and rounds of singing We are the Champions at the top of our lungs. I am pretty sure Al the limo driver turned in his notice the next morning. Our wallets were dry and our livers were soaked.
We then watched the highlights on TV at the hotel for a good hour. Some went out but I had to pack it in to catch an early flight.

I may recover before I ride in Druids tomorrow night...probably not though!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.