Saints channeling Bill Walsh

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

Saints channeling Bill Walsh

Post by bam bam »

http://www.wwltv.com/news/slideshows/Ph ... 67662.html

Bill Walsh did this during one of the 49ers' SB in the 80s. Great way to keep the team loose on during the week.
Oyster

Re: Saints channeling Bill Walsh

Post by Oyster »

That was great!

I also saw the pilot on their jet opened the front window and had a Saints flag he was waving as they deplaned.

When they left NOLA, it appeared they had positioned two firetruck hoses spraying water streams over the plane, sort of a salute like the fireboats do on the river. Wife asked why they were de-icing the plane in NO before takeoff. Just looked like a grand sendoff to me!
flyinbayou

Re: Saints channeling Bill Walsh

Post by flyinbayou »

Oyster wrote:That was great!

I also saw the pilot on their jet opened the front window and had a Saints flag he was waving as they deplaned.

When they left NOLA, it appeared they had positioned two firetruck hoses spraying water streams over the plane, sort of a salute like the fireboats do on the river. Wife asked why they were de-icing the plane in NO before takeoff. Just looked like a grand sendoff to me!
Actually it wasn't a Saints flag at all but a fleur de lis flag. (Maybe the NFL told them they would sue if they waved a Saints flag!)

And yes, they had a "washing down" (misnomer at best) departing NOLA and arriving MIA. It is done as a salute.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.