Buddy D or Bobby Herbert

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

Buddy D or Bobby Herbert

Post by bam bam »

This probably a wildly unpopular opinion but I completely dislike Bobby Herbert. First of all, John Fourcade was the QB on the Saints first playoff team. Second, the bigger the game, the harder Herbert was to find. Third, he would have you believe he is the link between Archie and Brees when in fact he couldn't hold either of their jocks. I submit that if he were not from the Bayou, Saints fans wouldn't give him the time of day.

I find it especially grating that he considers himself the heir to Buddy D. While he certainly knows more football, Herbert is a self promotional bore on the air. Buddy had no ego whatsoever and just went out and had fun. He had a certain respect for the audience that too many in the media these days lack.

I have tried to listen to WWL this past week. I just really can't do it. RIP Buddy D.
#7 throw away to do list.

Re: Buddy D or Bobby Herbert

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

hebert was the qb on the first saints playoff team. in the minny game dave wilson came off the bench not fourcade. hebert was average at best. he also yelled at his fellow players too much in my opinion. i agree, he is hard to listen to.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Bobby played for the Saints, had a son and sent him to LSU. He can do no wrong in Lousiaina. At least he is colorful.
mgbeads

Post by mgbeads »

Hebert not Herbert:p
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

It's from Seinfeld.
JRO

Post by JRO »

Hebert is much better on the radio IMO mainly because of his knowledge of the game. Buddy D knew nothing about the game. The only problem with the show is the clown with Hebert, Dick, oh I mean Deke. Deke is a royal ass to people.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Listening to Spud or Garland last week, there was mention of the ESPN guys "making fun" of Deke and Bobby. What was that all about? (I'm guessing over-the-top enthusiasm or something). :)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

I had to go to the parade yesterday to pay my respects to Buddy D. I was at his last radio broadcast, after the last game of the season, at Deanies before he died. Sitting there drinking Dixie Blackened Voodoo draughts! Geat stuff! There were only about 10 people there, as that was not a good year for the Saints, and they went out on a loss. I was working the Tom Dempsey game for the record field goal, and now the story goes that everyone says "they were there", and if they were all there, the stadium would have had to hold over 500,000 people! I wonder if after years go by, everyone will start to say they were at Buddy's last broadcast?

I am a Bobby fan. I dig his passion. And he is the only sportscaster that doesn't talk with an accent!

As far as the ESPN guys...well...I can't even tell you their names, but probably most did not play the game. But I am glad that the game is carried by CBS for three reasons: 1) They will have cameras that will capture important plays for replay. FOX can't seem to get it right, and are cheesy with the cameras. 2) I won't have to watch that stupid robot dancing on the screen every time they go or return from a commercial and 3) Most important...I WON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE ROOM WHEN THE STUPIDEST PERSON IN THE WORLD KEITH OLBERMAN COMES ON THE SCREEN!!!!!!!

WHO DAT!? WHO DAT!? WHO DAT!?
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

this might sway some folks to Bobby's corner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjPEuyrqnO8&sns=em